Ticket Scalping Question

IknoxvolsI

My company provides comp tickets and we take turns choosing which games to attend. I can only recieve two. My wifes family is coming in the weekend of the USCe game and I may need to get three extra tickets. For those of you who scalp, where is the best location to find decent priced ones? When I was in college, our student tickets looked like the General Admission tickets. Later after the '96 Fla game they changed to smaller white tickets. Has that changed? I'd rather them not sit in the student section.

I don't buy on the strip unless they are cheap. But find out what they are asking up there.. Normally closer to the stadium is best.. Also, walk through the better tailgate areas on campus and ask out loud, but polite.. A lot of the blue bloods around there have extras and will sell them or even had some given to me when they knew for sure I wouldn't resale or cheer for the visitors.. I WILL NOT sell mine to anyone who is cheering for the visitors no matter the price, even if its 3 Orange Vol fans with a buddy wearing visitors crap...

Reactions: 1 person
Growing up me and my dad bought scalped tix all the time since my dad was too tight to buy season tickets. I have bought off scalpers when we need extra tickets since I only use to just buy a 1 pair of season tickets. Last season I bought one ticket since I was bringing my little girl. It turned out that the ticket I bought off of scalper would not scan and he probably bought off of someone that sold it on a ticket site like StubHub, Ticketmaster or vivid seats. Luckily enough ticket usher was cool and let me in. I am cautious even if good scalper because how do they know if it was sold on Ticketmaster, Vivid seats or StubHub?

Last edited:
You can usually find tickets for pretty cheap in front of the W. Sideline as the game time approaches. People are looking to dump them. For some games last season it was hard to give them away.

Hey Fellow Vol Fans, First post, but this one is important:

2014 grad here - as of 2015, the students tickets /are/ different from any other ticket. Don't let some a-hole student sell you his student-only ticket he bought for $10 - you must have a matching student ID, and you must enter through gate 4 or 23. Policies can be found here:

http://bigorangetix.utk.edu/football/student-ticket-policy/

Students are able to purchase face-value guest tickets through the same process as the regular student tickets - those will have the name on the ticket as GUEST instead of a student name. I never used a guest ticket, so I don't know if it has the same gate restrictions.

For what it's worth, I normally scalp off of StubHub.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I don't buy on the strip unless they are cheap. But find out what they are asking up there.. Normally closer to the stadium is best.. Also, walk through the better tailgate areas on campus and ask out loud, but polite.. A lot of the blue bloods around there have extras and will sell them or even had some given to me when they knew for sure I wouldn't resale or cheer for the visitors.. I WILL NOT sell mine to anyone who is cheering for the visitors no matter the price, even if its 3 Orange Vol fans with a buddy wearing visitors crap...

I second the idea of being polite and asking if anyone has any extra. I have sold for face value (and less) and given away my extra tickets on several occasions to someone I felt was legit and not trying to scalp others.

Hey Fellow Vol Fans, First post, but this one is important:

2014 grad here - as of 2015, the students tickets /are/ different from any other ticket. Don't let some a-hole student sell you his student-only ticket he bought for $10 - you must have a matching student ID, and you must enter through gate 4 or 23. Policies can be found here:

http://bigorangetix.utk.edu/football/student-ticket-policy/

Students are able to purchase face-value guest tickets through the same process as the regular student tickets - those will have the name on the ticket as GUEST instead of a student name. I never used a guest ticket, so I don't know if it has the same gate restrictions.

For what it's worth, I normally scalp off of StubHub.

good first post, welcome

Reactions: 1 person
week of the game, look on craigslist in Knoxville and get them, usually get some good seats for a decent price.

Once sold 2 extra sideline seats to a grandfather and his young grandson. The SOB walked 10 feet away, held them up and yelled ' who wants 2 on the 30'.

IMO, the best way to do it is to wait until just before gametime or after and buy a ticket on stubhub. The prices start to drop a lot and stubhub has a table set up at the Hilton on Church Ave. where you can pick up the tickets on the way to the game. I was able to get a decent seat for the Florida game last year for $140 just before gametime when prices were above $200 earlier that day.

VN Store

Back