Tennessee nationally ranked 3rd

IknoxvolsI

In the latest Forbes list of most profitable schools. Surprisingly, Bama was ranked lower.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...eams-2015-texas-notre-dame-and-tennessee/amp/

This article seems to insinuate that Bamas lower profitability is due to increased expenses. I.E. larger salaries, playoff expenses etc. It also says that Saban spares no expense.

The following article states we are worth 121,000,000.

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/9-sec-teams-included-in-forbes-most-valuable-college-football-teams

Interesting, Texas and Notre Dame were the top two teams for profitability but yet have had mediocre to below average seasons recently.

Two things stand out to me pertaining to this.

1) There is an old saying, "you have to spend money to make money".

2) All of this talk about buyouts and such and being able to hire a big money coach should be irrelevant.

Does this mean Hart did an excellent job? I'll let you all debate that. But, I will add he didn't care about lawsuits that occured on his watch.

Obviously, this should relate to the W/L column. One would think we should be able to afford the investment to be successful. Or, do we have this pile of money because we have skimped on so much? Do you guys feel we are a top five valued program?

I know you're being funny, but don't we spend the most on recruiting (or at least near the top)?

Yes, iirc, highest recruiting budget in the country, has been that way for awhile. Not sure why given all the talent that we focus on in state and in the bordering states of Georgia, Va, Florida and the Carolinas. Not like we're spending all our time in Cali or New Jersey.

In the latest Forbes list of most profitable schools....

Dude, the Forbes article is a year and a half old. The other article you quote is even older, at 2+ years.

Almost certain that Forbes has done another since. It's an annual thing for them. They've been doing it for like 8 years.

This is becoming a habit for you. Googling old articles and linking them as if news.

Reactions: 3 people
Read the article - it is not saying what you think it is saying. In other words there is not 121 million dollars lying around to use for anything at all.

In other words value doesn't = money available.

Reactions: 2 people
Dude, the Forbes article is a year and a half old. The other article you quote is even older, at 2+ years.

Almost certain that Forbes has done another since. It's an annual thing for them. They've been doing it for like 8 years.

This is becoming a habit for you. Googling old articles and linking them as if news.

And then misinterpreting what they are actually saying.

Reactions: 1 person

Dude, if you are wanting to feel empowered, then why don't you look for one? Since you tink it makes you look good to try and belittle someone, I'll go ahead and let you know I did a search. And, to satisfy your innate ignorance, I used google just like everyone else.

Strange thing about you is that you have not and do not add anything to this forum. You are just like that ex girlfriends new boyfriend. Always looking and searching for something negative. That has to be a difficult feeling for you. You know, the one where you just are not the popular one, the one she really wants.

Reactions: 4 people
Dude, if you are wanting to feel empowered, then why don't you look for one? Since you tink it makes you look good to try and belittle someone, I'll go ahead and let you know I did a search. And, to satisfy your innate ignorance, I used google just like everyone else.

Strange thing about you is that you have not and do not add anything to this forum. You are just like that ex girlfriends new boyfriend. Always looking and searching for something negative. That has to be a difficult feeling for you. You know, the one where you just are not the popular one, the one she really wants.

BURN.gif

It only seems to you, IknoxvolsI that I only find negative, because when I'm responding to YOU it's almost always correcting your mistakes.

You're a terrible troll. So don't take offense when others point out how bad you are at it. Especially since no one really likes a troll in the first place. You're not cute, and you're not witty, and you're not even coherent much of the time (such as in this thread).

If you are so hell-bent on starting your own threads, here's an idea: read CURRENT sources, and when you find one there of interest to the Volunteer faithful, use it. If you're gonna google topics cold, at least check to be sure they're recent. It takes like 2 seconds to check.

But then, if you're just a troll, you would never do that. Much more important to find something you can use to insult the program with, than to find something current or relevant.

Reactions: 9 people
It only seems to you, IknoxvolsI that I only find negative, because when I'm responding to YOU it's almost always correcting your mistakes.

You're a terrible troll. So don't take offense when others point out how bad you are at it. Especially since no one really likes a troll in the first place. You're not cute, and you're not witty, and you're not even coherent much of the time (such as in this thread).

If you are so hell-bent on starting your own threads, here's an idea: read CURRENT sources, and when you find one there of interest to the Volunteer faithful, use it. If you're gonna google topics cold, at least check to be sure they're recent. It takes like 2 seconds to check.

But then, if you're just a troll, you would never do that. Much more important to find something you can use to insult the program with, than to find something current or relevant.

See, that's where you are mistaken. I'm no troll. However, and it may be because you are the leader of the Troll Patrol, you desire me to be. This entire long winded post is because you mistakenly thought I am a troll.

Notice the word "mistake".

Reactions: 2 people
Does this mean Hart did an excellent job?

It's an interesting thought. Lots of times a CEO who shows a losing bottom line during his leadership gets the huge $$$ retirement bonus because of how much money COULD have been lost during that time, not for any actual profit he made.

Could be Hart's real talent is limiting damage: the reliever who gets his team out of that "bases-loaded with 3 runs already scored" inning with only 1 more run crossing the plate.

It's an interesting thought. Lots of times a CEO who shows a losing bottom line during his leadership gets the huge $$$ retirement bonus because of how much money COULD have been lost during that time, not for any actual profit he made.

Could be Hart's real talent is limiting damage: the reliever who gets his team out of that "bases-loaded with 3 runs already scored" inning with only 1 more run crossing the plate.

That's a good analogy. I, for one, did not think he was a good AD. After reading (into) the Forbes lists, he may have actually done a good job. That's why I proposed that question.

hang him...it'll teach him a lesson...:)

GO VOLS!

However you put it, for any publication, that is a high ranking. That covers whether that is actual cash flow or value.

Sorry thread was hi-jacked guys. It was a good thread.

Two years ago, when the article was first published and we first discussed it (yes, here, on these threads; yes, that very article) it sure was.

Today, not so much.

VN Store

Back