One Dream Scenario for Every Top 25 CFB Recruiting Class

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717007-one-dream-scenario-for-every-top-25-cfb-recruiting-class

11. Tennessee Volunteers

1. 8650d588c41763bfc9b5a0efa577604e_crop_exact.jpg

There's plenty of talent in Tennessee for the Volunteers to pursue. Dream Scenario: Don't let any other 4-star recruits leave the state
    The state of Tennessee has produced a lot of quality recruits in recent years, but the Volunteers have allowed too many of them to get away.
    From 2012-17, there were 49 4-star or 5-star recruits who played at least their final year of high school ball in Tennessee. More than two-thirds of those players (33) did not sign with the Volunteers, including 2017 5-star JaCoby Stevens and 2013 stud Jalen Ramsey.
    Thus far in the 2018 class, though, Butch Jones has done a much better job of protecting his borders. Of the nine 4-star recruits from Tennessee, four have committed to the Volunteers, one recently committed to Vanderbilt and only one (Max Wray to Ohio State) has left the state.
    Keeping the other three close to home needs to be a goal for this coaching staff. In particular, they'll want to sign No. 66 overall recruit, Greg Emerson. Not only is he the best player from the state still available, but losing him would likely mean facing him at either Alabama or Ole Miss over the course of the next several years.

Butch has done a great job keeping the talent at home this cycle. Emerson would be another jewel in what's shaping up to be a Top 10 class. If we can make it to Atlanta I wouldn't be surprised if we have a top 5 class when all's said and done. We are still in the hunt for many top names.

Last edited:
We got Emerson in the bag unless the team completely melts down this year. Which I don't see happening.

by all accounts, emerson should be a vol when it comes down to it. he's kinda like this year's trey smith....i think most would be fairly surprised at this point if he doesn't come to UT....

There were reports that he wanted to flip a couple weeks ago, but momma isn't on board just yet. When he gets momma to Knoxville on a visit, I think it happens.

yeah, i saw something about that. i still think it's a reach.

but i'm definitely for it.

VN Store

Back