Dobbs: TN Offense prepared me for NFL

Neyland Law Vol

Dobbs was interviewed regarding his work to learn the NFL offensive system and he said its pretty similar to what TN ran.

“Well coming to this setting they actually showed me that we ran a lot of traditional offense in college,” Dobbs said. “We ran the same play, same scheme, same progressions, the same runs that I’ve run in college, whether it’s red zone or in the field so it’s a little different, of course, in a huddle rather than getting signals from the sideline.

“But outside of that it’s still the same plays, still the same scheme, still the same type of verbiage I was running at the college level to help me translate over to the NFL level.”

The article concludes:

Still, Dobbs’ comments about the Vols’ offense and how it prepared him for the NFL should excite current quarterbacks on Tennessee’s roster, commits and up-and-coming high school prospects.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...s-says-tennessees-offense-helped-prepare-nfl/

Maybe Butch was right when he said our offense wasn't that different than a pro style?

Reactions: 21 people
Haven't seen that guy around lately. New handle perhaps???

Nothing to really talk about on here. After the draft, I was mainly focused on the NBA playoffs and now the NBA draft.

Honestly not much about next season interests me. We're gonna go at least 10-2 and win the East. But we don't have NFL legends on our roster anymore like we had last year with Dobbs, Sutton, and Kamara.

We'll be a great college team next season. We'll just lack the star power we had last year.

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly not much about next season interests me. We're gonna go at least 10-2 and win the East. But we don't have NFL legends on our roster anymore like we had last year with Dobbs, Sutton, and Kamara.

We'll be a great college team next season. We'll just lack the star power we had last year.

You were going 11-1 last month. What happened?

Reading comprehension breh. I said AT LEAST 10-2. That would include an 11-1 season.

Ya'll keep trying to get him. And, I swear he eats ya'lls lunch every time! I find it hilarious. Ya'll flip, twist and turn his words and he always comes back and straightens all of ya'll out.

Kudos dude. Keep em rolling.

Reactions: 5 people
Dobbs was interviewed regarding his work to learn the NFL offensive system and he said its pretty similar to what TN ran.

The article concludes:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...s-says-tennessees-offense-helped-prepare-nfl/

Maybe Butch was right when he said our offense wasn't that different than a pro style?

Football is football at the end of the day. Fussing around with formations doesn't disguise the fact that some concepts just work, while others don't, and it is important to have players on offense who can read the defense and choose the best of several options.

Neyland's single wing offense was a more packed in version of what a lot of college teams run today. That style of football was shut down when freak athletes like Doug Atkins started running plays down from the back side, effectively murdering your entire skill player roster. People would fake injuries after Atkins hit them even if they weren't hurt.

Now we have to spread everyone and have more passing options to slow these athletes down, but a lot of stuff from 70 years ago will look very familiar if you go back and watch those games. Perhaps even more so now that fleet-footed OLs who can get in space are back in vogue.

Dobbs isn't lying. Him,kamara, and Malone are now in the a NFL. John kelly will be in the NFL if he has a showout season, Jennings will be in the NFL, ethen wolf could be in the NFL as a backup possibly, several of the OL could be in the NFL in a year or two. It's a pretty stacked offense, talent wise.

Dobbs isn't lying. Him,kamara, and Malone are now in the a NFL. John kelly will be in the NFL if he has a showout season, Jennings will be in the NFL, ethen wolf could be in the NFL as a backup possibly, several of the OL could be in the NFL in a year or two. It's a pretty stacked offense, talent wise.

Our player's going to the NFL have nothing to do with how pro style the offense is. Plenty of players from the Art Briles Baylor teams went to the NFL. They run the Air Raid with Spread Option.

Our offense is a pro style offense because of the zone blocking scheme and the west coast route tree.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back