DAT Way

I'm a little surprised ESPN had this on the front page of NCAAF section. Maybe an ulterior motive bc they never usually hype UT. All I've seen the past 2 weeks is Alabama and Michigan

I'm a little surprised ESPN had this on the front page of NCAAF section. Maybe an ulterior motive bc they never usually hype UT. All I've seen the past 2 weeks is Alabama and Michigan

Prolly because bama is making fun of it, and clicks bring money.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm surprised a thread wasn't created about the Summer at Tennessee that was shown on SEC Network....I had no idea that Butch hurt his knee and had to get a shot right before running through the T during on of the games....He also joked with booger that he could have used him for 1 or 2 snaps last fall....the players talked about the injuries how that it would only help the young guys that played this coming season

I guess better late than never. Details, Accountability, and Toughness should be traits you look for on day 1, year 1.

I'm surprised a thread wasn't created about the Summer at Tennessee that was shown on SEC Network....I had no idea that Butch hurt his knee and had to get a shot right before running through the T during on of the games....He also joked with booger that he could have used him for 1 or 2 snaps last fall....the players talked about the injuries how that it would only help the young guys that played this coming season

thought it was a cool shoot...little more insight is good...:)

GO VOLS!

I missed that one. Hopefully, they will re air it soon.

I missed that one. Hopefully, they will re air it soon.

It's showing Tuesday at 7pm Eastern 6pm central on my TV....hopefully everyone who missed it can watch it then or it comes on again Sunday at 2pm Eastern and 1pm central....make sure if you record it to have 5 mins over Butch, Booger, and Tony talk a little longer than the 30 mins

It's showing Tuesday at 7pm Eastern 6pm central on my TV....hopefully everyone who missed it can watch it then or it comes on again Sunday at 2pm Eastern and 1pm central....make sure if you record it to have 5 mins over Butch, Booger, and Tony talk a little longer than the 30 mins

Just set it to record. Thanks for the info.

Dividends, my friends. If they buy in will it pay?

It seems like the players had a major hand in developing this acronym based on Ethan Wolfe's comments in the video, so I don't think they will have any trouble buying into something they created. Whether or not it will pay off is undetermined

It was originally TAD and players changed to DAT. Enjoyed Boogers interview with some of defensive line and also one with John Kelly.

I guess better late than never. Details, Accountability, and Toughness should be traits you look for on day 1, year 1.

There is an all-but-endless list of positive values to embrace. A contrarian can say that all of them "should be with us from day one." But you can't embrace everything without it all being watered down to nothing. You have to choose, carefully, what you want to focus on.

A family, a team, a company, a program, aren't magically born with the set of values they need. Those values evolve with the organization as it grows together, they get picked up and embraced because they're what the group needs.

One of the things even Butch's naysayers must admit he is very good at doing is leading a learning organization. After every season, reflect on what went well, what didn't, and how to improve. Sometimes that means new coaching staff, sometimes a change in the processes, and sometimes a new addition to the team's set of values.

These are all good additions, well selected based on the program's evolution through the 2016 season. I applaud the coaches and team for picking them up and running with them.

Reactions: 4 people
Dividends, my friends. If they buy in will it pay?

It has a much better shot at it than had they not.

And one doesn't necessarily equal the other.

If they aren't very good it won't matter what they buy into.

But you gotta start somewhere...

Reactions: 1 person
Absolutely love John Kelly. Quality young man, love his demeanor. Hope he stays healthy. Gonna have a big season if he does imo.

There is an all-but-endless list of positive values to embrace. A contrarian can say that all of them "should be with us from day one." But you can't embrace everything without it all being watered down to nothing. You have to choose, carefully, what you want to focus on.
Agreed and that the team has a hand in coming up with it provides ownership....

That, and I like the approach of each team being different and having its own theme

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back