It would great if...

Behr

RIP Toby.
It would be great if in this one thread everyone that comments would post a realistic possibility about this season, a certain game or games, a position, the offense/defense etc. that would be great. Can it be done? Should be easy for all of us.

No rules. If you can't come up with anything at all, go ahead and do your thang. I don't see it as pumping sunshine, not that it matters anyway, just a time to talk about some good stuff.

I get really excited about a solid performance and win against Georgia Tech. I mean, can you imagine? It would be awesome to be able to discuss and talk about it afterwards.

Reactions: 8 people
....Vols everywhere are to be able to smoke a victory cigar after the "Third Saturday in October."

Something interesting I found while looking at our anemic box scores vs Bama during the 10-year losing streak, was that Bama has averaged almost 10 points more per game in Knoxville than they have at home, in the series. Wonder if there is a specific reason for that or is it just an amalgamation of extenuating circumstances based on those individual years. IE: Last year Tennessee came in on the heels of a four-game gauntlet without a bye (In Knoxville), and the year before in ttown UT was coming off a bye week. Anybody have another explanation for Bama's decreased proficiency at home during the streak?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I think it's a real possibility that we have one of the best QB's in the SEC, and that would be pretty damn awesome.

Reactions: 3 people
...next offseason, we are discussing a Top 10 recruiting class, no Fahr Butch polls, what we will need to do to defend our SEC East title, and whether 2018 will be the year Bama is dethroned.

Reactions: 4 people
We will drop 2 games we have NO business losing (CBJ's Duece). We will win one we should have lost. Bama will win again.

Reactions: 2 people
The offensive line will be veterans and Dormady will have a solid year. Florida is going down in the Swamp. Undefeated and top 15 for the East showdown with Georgia in Knoxville.

Reactions: 3 people
I see us being competitive in all games. The trenches will finally be up to the standard set by the skill guys. The secondary will show marked improvement as well. Gonna be a surprising year for a lot of folks.:good!:

It would be great if in this one thread everyone that comments would post a realistic possibility about this season, a certain game or games, a position, the offense/defense etc. that would be great. Can it be done? Should be easy for all of us.

No rules. If you can't come up with anything at all, go ahead and do your thang. I don't see it as pumping sunshine, not that it matters anyway, just a time to talk about some good stuff.

I get really excited about a solid performance and win against Georgia Tech. I mean, can you imagine? It would be awesome to be able to discuss and talk about it afterwards.

just win baby...:wavey:...:)

GO VOLS!

Butch will win the national championship and the first thing he says at his after game press conference -

"Where are the negavols at now? "

Dormady has an outstanding, record breaking junior season, gets a first round NFL grade, declares early, and becomes the first UT qb to be selected in the first round since Peyton.

Reactions: 1 person
Dormady has an outstanding, record breaking junior season, gets a first round NFL grade, declares early, and becomes the first UT qb to be selected in the first round since Peyton.

Seriously, the first part of this is what I'm talking about! If that happened I'd be happier if he stayed but, I get your point and that would be awesome.

I foresee that the Vols will begin football play on Sept. 4 in Atlanta.

...the Offensive line plays to their "recruiting rankings" and doesn't get man-handled like they did against Ap State, Bama, USCe, and the 2nd half against Vandy.

It would be grand if Ethan Wolfe matured as a receiver, became a regular target of the Vols QB, had a stellar season & post-season, contributing to UT victories that otherwise may not have been.

VN Store

Back