If Butch loses to Ga Tech out of the gate

If Butch loses to Ga Tech right out of the gate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IknoxvolsI

If Butch loses to Georgia Tech in our first game, what do you, fellow Volnation members, think our season will be like?

It will be another entry in a long list of Butch's games titled "Openers I'm not prepared for" and "Games I should've won on talent alone"

Reactions: 13 people
I do not think we will lose to GA Tech but if we did, I think it does not define our season. That GA Tech offense is hard to prepare for since most colleges do not run that type of offense. Our D Ends will have to play disciplined football or it will be a long day. The good thing is we have fast outside LB's that can cover to the sideline.

TN wins a closer game than most expect.

Reactions: 3 people
it would be a crappy start ... that triple option can tear up any team any day... hopefully it wont week one. I think Hoke has our Dline prepped for that game already

Why is the title of the thread if "Butch" loses... pretty sure he won't be putting on pads or cleats, so if there is a loss it will be on the entire team, not simply the coach...

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
Volnation will go into full meltdown mode just like after every loss. We'll have to dedicate several threads designated for "safe spaces".

Reactions: 8 people
I think there will be plenty of excuses and cliches ready to cover a potential opening loss. The real question is: what will UT's record be at the end of Sept? We play GT, @UF and UGA in the first month. We could be at the front-- or pretty much out-- of the SECE race by Oct 1.

Reactions: 2 people
Why is the title of the thread if "Butch" loses... pretty sure he won't be putting on pads or cleats, so if there is a loss it will be on the entire team, not simply the coach...

Wow.

Now Butch doesn't even have to answer for wins and losses.

:lolabove:

Reactions: 2 people
It definitely wouldn't bode well for our chances against the stiffer competition we'll be facing in our conference schedule later in the season.

Reactions: 1 person
I think there will be plenty of excuses and cliches ready to cover a potential opening loss. The real question is: what will UT's record be at the end of Sept? We play GT, @UF and UGA in the first month. We could be at the front-- or pretty much out-- of the SECE race by Oct 1.

That is probably true about the SECE. FL has all their tough games at home (incl. JAX) so it is highly unlikely we win the division. We will have to score early and often to beat Tech. I don't expect our D to stop them, so it will be on the O to not be stopped.

If VN goes two hours without a "what if Butch loses or how many losses gets Butch fired" thread, will VN:
1. Implode from lack of activity?
2. Be over run with sunshine pumpers ?
3. Go read John Adams articles?

Reactions: 5 people
Never judge a season by the first game. We lost the season opener to Cal in 07 and still wound up in the SEC Championship game.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch is not playing GT, the VOLS are. Football is the ultimate team sport. When will people learn that the difference between winning and losing is never based on one player alone. Not even the QB.

Negavols please give it a rest. CBJ is our coach next season like it or not. Lets just support our team.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back