Remembering to those who gave all

UT Hill Man

I ♥ Big Jugs
A real nice message from CBJ. And I personally want to thank all Vets for serving our country.

mB9zojE.png

Reactions: 21 people
Gut wrenching.

I acknowledge being blessed. Thank You all... past, present and future.

Reactions: 6 people
Prayers and a big ole salute to the families and loved ones of those lost protecting our Country!

My 21 years service were a cakewalk compared to what some Vets went through at Normandy, Battle of the Bulge, Vietnam, The Frozen Choisen, Heartbreak Ridge, Bataan Death March, Fallujah, Kandahar, Flying B-17s and B24s over Axis territory and countless burning infernos from our stricken warships to include Pearl Harbor...countless other battles.

I sort of lost my Uncle in the Battle of the Bulge. He was "shell shocked" really bad and couldn't stop shaking, like he had Parkinson's for 25 years. Died in his 50's, looked like he was in his 80's.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Great posts uthill and charger. So proud and thankful to be born an American. Born free thanks to our brave bothers and sisters. :wub:
Thanks bald biker. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
My cousin Nick. RIP to him and all the heroes who didn't come home. Thanks to you veterans, we may argue about sports or politics occasionally, but I respect you greatly.

Attachments

• IMG_4158.JPG
    IMG_4158.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: 8 people
I remember those who gave "their last full measure of devotion". Will never forget the price of liberty.

Then take the time to use proper grammar. You appreciate what they did but you can't take time to speak correctly? Damn.

Then take the time to use proper grammar. You appreciate what they did but you can't take time to speak correctly? Damn.

Run-on sentence. Should be, "You appreciate what they did but can't take time..." (omit the redundant "you").

Also, poor wording choice. "write" would have been more accurate than "speak."

Grammar Nazis have more to lose than the objects of their derision and must accordingly be more cautious, hypocrisy being far worse than imperfect grammar.

Reactions: 8 people
Coming from a military family, today is very special. My prayers go out for all those families who have suffered the ultimate loss in defense of this country we all love. Personally, I remember my two uncles who paid the ultimate price in world war 2. My deceased father is a veteran of Korea. I'm Desert Storm. God bless the United States of America and all her men and women serving.

Reactions: 3 people
My father was a 20 year military man serving from 1939-1959. My father was a WWII hero as many of your fathers and grandfathers were. I never knew the extent of it until after his death in 1991. I researched and replaced his medals. Only then did I discover his heroism. Like so many he couldn't cope with the nightmare he experienced so we just left him alone. I now respect him more than ever as I do the others. Please...God....bless America.... and may the new generations coming behind us know the price paid for freedom before it's too late...

Reactions: 3 people
Thank you for your service fallen veterans. May you never be forgotten.

Last edited:
I remember those who gave "their last full measure of devotion". Will never forget the price of liberty.

www.hmdb.org.marker.asp?marker=24056

Brave Men of the 97th Bomb Wing historical marker url

I was in this unit and serving with them abroad when they were lost. A sad day then and a sad somber day each Memorial Day since for me. Freedom was established and has since remained in the USA due to lives of patriots such as these doing their duty. RIP heroes.

RIP brothers I served with and those who came before me. One of the toughest days of the year .

VN Store

Back