Indiana State or UMass

Which one will be the 11am? Which one the late 5-6pm kickoff?

UT administrators tend to accommodate the TV people with noon kick-offs on the hottest day on the schedule and then have the late kick-offs in November. They have A/C and heaters going in the skybox during their wine and cheese parties while UT plays football.

Reactions: 11 people
UT administrators tend to accommodate the TV people with noon kick-offs on the hottest day on the schedule and then have the late kick-offs in November. They have A/C and heaters going in the skybox during their wine and cheese parties while UT plays football.
Now if they would just start offering Blackjack and Hookers then those skyboxes would be next level fancy.

Attachments

• mr_bender______classy__by_sgtconker1r-d4nqpzu.png.jpg
    mr_bender______classy__by_sgtconker1r-d4nqpzu.png.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: 4 people
Which one will be the 11am? Which one the late 5-6pm kickoff?
You must be from central time zone? Messed me up years ago and forgot Nashville was in central time when at Nashville airport and going to the 2006 Outback Bowl. Titian was playing at 12pm and I was apparently 2.5 hrs early instead of 1.5 early but cool watched most of Titians game that day at the airport.

Last edited:

Doesnt the TV networks bascially decide who plays at what time?

You must be from central time zone? Messed me up years ago and forgot Nashville was in central time when at Nashville airport and going to the 2006 Outback Bowl. Titian was playing at 12pm and I was apparently 2.5 hrs early instead of 1.5 early but cool watched most of Titians game that day at the airport.

Yes and 11 am kickoffs should not be allowed.

Yes and 11 am kickoffs should not be allowed.

Agree 100%. Everybody understands that TV rules the world, but I've always thought that was a bit much for those attending a game in the central time zone.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't worry. It will soon turn into a "which one will Butch lose to?" thread. :loco:

No worries. We will survive. Jalen Hurd will dive on a fumbled ball then we will escape victorious.......Oh wait Jalen Hurd ain't walking through that door.

The administrators don't "accommodate" the TV people, the TV people set the times and UT plays at those times. UT doesn't have a say in the matter, per the SEC TV contract.

Reactions: 4 people
Typically week 2 is loaded with cupcake games. We might get some leeway because of our Monday night game and play at night for Indiana State. I kind of expect UMass to be an early game. If both then ticket sales will suffer a bunch.

VN Store

Back