I'm pretty sure we just got insulted.

UtahVol

This from the ESPN chat yesterday. Who is getting insulted by being called the other's Doppelganger? Us or Arkansas:

Schlabach: Forget the SEC. Can Tennessee defend its title as Champions of Life (64)? Or just reclaim the state championship from Vanderbilt (65)?

McGee: Ouch. I seriously can't wait to see if Tennessee can finally get over the hump (66). The Vols haven't been to the SEC championship game since 2007! And keep an eye on their SEC West doppelganger (67). Arkansas is entering its fifth year with Bret Bielema. I don't think his job's in imminent danger, but it's time to pair some signature wins with his signature personality.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rsus-florida-state-seminoles-100-days-kickoff

How are we a better program than Arkansas? They beat us 2 years ago. They blanked ranked LSU and OM a couple of years ago and have a much better record against ranked opponents.

Reactions: 8 people
How are we a better program than Arkansas? They beat us 2 years ago. They blanked ranked LSU and OM a couple of years ago and have a much better record against ranked opponents.

Cool story. They also lost to Toledo and had 8-5 and 7-6 campaigns the last 2 years.

Reactions: 31 people
This from the ESPN chat yesterday. Who is getting insulted by being called the other's Doppelganger? Us or Arkansas:

Schlabach: Forget the SEC. Can Tennessee defend its title as Champions of Life (64)? Or just reclaim the state championship from Vanderbilt (65)?

McGee: Ouch. I seriously can't wait to see if Tennessee can finally get over the hump (66). The Vols haven't been to the SEC championship game since 2007! And keep an eye on their SEC West doppelganger (67). Arkansas is entering its fifth year with Bret Bielema. I don't think his job's in imminent danger, but it's time to pair some signature wins with his signature personality.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rsus-florida-state-seminoles-100-days-kickoff

Only if you want to be.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't feel insulted. Fellow fans take digs at "champions of life" and dropping the Vanderbilt game so why should ESPN be any different.

An insult would be ESPN's cable subscription numbers IMO.

Reactions: 13 people
How so? Where I come from 9 is a greater total than 8 and 7. Not to mention how is Arkansas's recruiting rankings under Bielema? I'll take where UT is currently at over where Arkansas is.

They play in a tougher division, and us beating them in recruiting rankings and losing to them on the field contradicts what it seems you are trying to say.

Reactions: 5 people
They play in a tougher division, and us beating them in recruiting rankings and losing to them on the field contradicts what it seems you are trying to say.

So did they lose to to Toledo's, Texas Tech's, and Missouri's of the world because they play in a 'tougher division'? And you don't want to acknowledge recruiting rankings because it paints your anti-UT rhetoric in a bad light. Regardless of what bs excuse you drum up 9 wins is greater than 8 or 7. And one head to head game from 2 years ago doesn't necessarily mean one program is in a better spot than another.

Reactions: 30 people
How so? Where I come from 9 is a greater total than 8 and 7. Not to mention how is Arkansas's recruiting rankings under Bielema? I'll take where UT is currently at over where Arkansas is.

Arkansas curb stomped the east winner last year.

The West is better than the east and has been for awhile now. That's why they along every other west team we play wins.

Either their classes are not as far off as the rankings show or their coach is better at developing and coaching. Take your pick, I guess.

Reactions: 12 people
Arkansas curb stomped the east winner last year.

The West is better than the east and has been for awhile now. That's why they along every other west team we play wins.

Either their classes are not as far off as the rankings show or their coach is better at developing and coaching. Take your pick, I guess.

And they lost to Missouri.

BS excuse. I pointed out other teams they dropped games to that had nothing to do with the Western Division.

Your last statement is just subjective garbage. The year we played Arkansas they had a junior and senior laden team playing our freshmen and sophomores. Last year we dealt with an insane amount of injuries due to the lack of a legit strength coach. Has nothing to do with player development. How many players from Arkansas were drafted a couple of weeks ago?

Reactions: 13 people

Unless you're in the CFP, it doesn't really matter

And they lost to Missouri.

BS excuse. I pointed out other teams they dropped games to that had nothing to do with the Western Division.

Your last statement is just subjective garbage. The year we played Arkansas they had a junior and senior laden team playing our freshmen and sophomores. Last year we dealt with an insane amount of injuries due to the lack of a legit strength coach. Has nothing to do with player development. How many players from Arkansas were drafted a couple of weeks ago?

Not really. They matched our best win. And fell on their a$$ in a few no different than UT did.

You re pitching recruiting rankings like they made some huge difference in where both ended up.

There is not much difference. Maybe the RF will lift your spirits.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back