JK ready to be a big bright shining star

John Kelly will be a Heisman finalist next year. He's that good.

Would be a treat to see, but let's be honest here.

First, I've seen nothing from this OL that leads me to believe they're capable of being dominant run blockers. Until I see them block like UT lines of old vs SEC defenses, I remain a skeptic.

Second, unless UT can threaten teams with the pass, the box is gonna be loaded and I don't care who the RB is, it will be tough sledding.

Third, he has to stay healthy. UT seems to lose the top 2 or 3 most important players to injury every season. Something of a miracle Dobbs finished his career with no major injury.

So enjoy the heistman talk. Not a thing wrong with it, but where UT is concerned, my glass is always half empty.

Reactions: 6 people
John Kelly will be a Heisman finalist next year. He's that good.

One year you are going to pull off one of your crazy wild senseless predictions and look like a genius for 5 minutes. Nots sure it is worth the years of no credibility but I think you are playing the long game for that 5 minutes.

Reactions: 6 people
JK is as tough as I've seen wear the uniform...little smallish perhaps, which leads to the durability issue, but, anyone is susceptible to injury playing the game...but, he is special...glad he's playing for us...the O-Line mystery is yet to be seen...JK could gain 800-1000 yds if.....................:)...:pepper:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 3 people
I hope so, I love the guy, and how hard he plays.

Still not sure why so much praise (much of it unearned thus far) is heaped upon him, other than he's "our guy".

I hope he can live up to the lofty expectations being set forth for him.

Reactions: 1 person
Im hoping he has a great year,think he looks pretty good running the ball. The better he does it only helps the team.

No character. I just honestly believe in his talent. Plus I expect us to ride him and we should be a national title contender.

Add all that together and you got the makings of a heisman finalist.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 8 people
Dear Lord let this kid stay healthy next year. Wish we had a few more with his determination.

That's what concerns me about JK. He runs like it's the final pay for the NC on every snap. I'm afraid he's going to hurt himself every play. He's like a Curt Maggitt with the ball in his hands. 100% no matter what.

Fun to watch.

We have the talent. We have the experience. We also have a favorable schedule.

As long as Butch doesn't eff it up, we should be national title contenders.

You do realize the sheer number of "firsts" for CBJ that would need to happen next season for us to be national title contenders, correct?

Like, beating an SECw team for the first time. Beating a Will Muschamp-coached team for the first time. Beating Florida in the swamp. Beating Alabama. Winning 7+ SEC games in a single season. Win the SECe. Win the SEC.

Taken individually, none of these are impossible (some are improbable in their own right), bur for us to really be an actual contender for the CFP, all of them have to happen...in the same season...for the first time in CBJ's tenure.

That's what concerns me about JK. He runs like it's the final pay for the NC on every snap. I'm afraid he's going to hurt himself every play. He's like a Curt Maggitt with the ball in his hands. 100% no matter what.

Fun to watch.

That is the way I like a back to run. 100% or don't even bother putting on your cleats.

We don't have as much talent last year, and we still have Butch Jones.

Yes, but we have more potential unproven talent technically. Butch now has a team full of his guys. And we have much better coaching.

I'm very certain we will surprise people this season with how well we play. I don't know if we're National Title Contenders, but I think we make the SEC Championship, and I think we win a BCS bowl.

You do realize the sheer number of "firsts" for CBJ that would need to happen next season for us to be national title contenders, correct?

Like, beating an SECw team for the first time. Beating a Will Muschamp-coached team for the first time. Beating Florida in the swamp. Beating Alabama. Winning 7+ SEC games in a single season. Win the SECe. Win the SEC.

Taken individually, none of these are impossible (some are improbable in their own right), bur for us to really be an actual contender for the CFP, all of them have to happen...in the same season...for the first time in CBJ's tenure.

This seems very logical. I could see him winning the SECe and beating a Muschamp coached team for the first time next year. Possibly with a victory in the swamp. That seems realistic to me.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back