Predicted Wins - Vegas- ESPN

VolBricks

May the Orange be with you!
Here is an article from ESPN showing predicted wins per Vegas

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19413753/college-football-full-list-unders-cg-technology

Alabama 10.5 -150o
LSU 9 -120o
Auburn 8
Florida 8 -120u
Georgia 8
Tennessee 7.5 -130u
Texas A&M 7
Arkansas 7
Missouri 6.5 -120o
Kentucky 6 -130o
Mississippi State 5.5
South Carolina 5.5 -125u
Mississippi State 5.5

Honestly this sounds about right based on what we know today. I pick us to win 8 based on what I think will happen but 7 wins is possible based on Butch's propensity to lose several we should not each season.

SIAP - Flame Away!

Reactions: 3 people
Mississippi State wins 11? And no wins for Vandy...

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19413753/college-football-full-list-unders-cg-technology

Alabama 10.5 -150o
LSU 9 -120o
Auburn 8
Florida 8 -120u
Georgia 8
Tennessee 7.5 -130u
Texas A&M 7
Arkansas 7
Missouri 6.5 -120o
Kentucky 6 -130o
Mississippi State 5.5
South Carolina 5.5 -125u
Mississippi State 5.5

Honestly this sounds about right based on what we know today. I pick us to win 8 based on what I think will happen but 7 wins is possible based on Butch's propensity to lose several we should not each season.

SIAP - Flame Away!

Reactions: 2 people
I'm taking the over for the Vols for a grand when I get out there.

I would have set the number at an even 8.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Really besides Bama and LSU nobody is projected with any higher than 8 wins, it will more than likely shake out differently overall than the projections. GBO!

If UT can get past GT then it should easily go 4-0 in non conf.

Beat: USC, Vandy, Mizzou & UK....there's 8.

Win 1 out of UF, UGA, LSU, & Bama....there's 9.

With the way the schedule sets up 8 should be the minimum. Take the over.

The GaTech game will be a good barometer. A decisive win makes 10 wins a real possibility. A close win probably points to 8 or 9. A loss to the "jackets" will make 8 a stretch.

GO BIG ORANGE!

Agreed. I think we take at least one (maybe two) of UGA, UF, and LSU.

Maybe they end up dropping on to USCe, Vandy, Missouri, or UK, but I don't really see this team dropping two of those four by any means unless we get hit with the injury bug again.

I think GT will be the telling game for this team. If they keep their heads on straight and pull out the win in that game, then I think they get to 8 wins pretty easily.

TN will be favored in 8 games and should win those.

Four games they won't be favored (LSU, bama, fla and uga).

So 8-4 is the measuring stick. 9 wins is overachieving and 7 wins is a fireable offense. Not much room for error.

3rd in the SEC East and we are should be searching for a new coach. Jones has righted the ship, but he needs to show he can actually coach and scheme.

Reactions: 5 people
3rd in the SEC East and we are should be searching for a new coach. Jones has righted the ship, but he needs to show he can actually coach and scheme.

Florida has a pretty tough schedule - Florida State, Michigan, LSU and Texas AM. I think it is TN or GA for the East. We need to beat them! GO VOLS!

TN will be favored in 8 games and should win those.

Four games they won't be favored (LSU, bama, fla and uga).

So 8-4 is the measuring stick. 9 wins is overachieving and 7 wins is a fireable offense. Not much room for error.

I don't really get this (Four games they won't be favored LSU, bama, fla and uga), why is FL favored over us?

Their defense is no better than ours, and they don't have a QB with experience either so what am I missing?

Vegas rarely gets it wrong, that's why they're rich

Florida has a pretty tough schedule - Florida State, Michigan, LSU and Texas AM. I think it is TN or GA for the East. We need to beat them! GO VOLS!

FL losing to both FSU and Michigan will mean nothing in the SEC East standings. I think 3rd place for UT is about right if we can somehow beat USCe and Vandy this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Per usual, we are playing the predicted top 2 teams in the SEC. I think we get to 9, 10 with a bowl.

Your right! "Per usual"
Really plays hell with winning the east. In most years our closest rivals don't end playing those teams. I know, it's the luck of the draw. But there is no draw where the (for now) no. 1 in the conference is concerned.

The GaTech game will be a good barometer. A decisive win makes 10 wins a real possibility. A close win probably points to 8 or 9. A loss to the "jackets" will make 8 a stretch.

GO BIG ORANGE!

I don't know. That's putting a lot of impact on the Tech game. I think we could lose to them and still come out well with teams that play a more conventional style offense. Playing this type offense once every few years is not a good idea in my opinion. I seem to remember us really having trouble a few years ago with a few teams running this type offense. Don't get me wrong, I think we can win, but many people have trouble with Tech, Ga. is one and they play Tech every year. Also the best teams in the ACC have trouble with them too, even as they usually win the game.

What the h--- do FSU and Mich. have to do with winning the SEC east???

I think it's nearly everyone in the east has a chance of winning the title, but to me it's us, ga. AND fla. with the best chance to come out on top this coming season.

Per usual, we are playing the predicted top 2 teams in the SEC. I think we get to 9, 10 with a bowl.

Yeah. Sour grapes for us I guess.

I remember a time not too long ago when we were among the top 1 or 2 SEC teams and people feared playing us every year. Not any longer though.

Reactions: 4 people

Alabama 10.5 -150o
LSU 9 -120o
Auburn 8
Florida 8 -120u
Georgia 8
Tennessee 7.5 -130u
Texas A&M 7
Arkansas 7
Missouri 6.5 -120o
Kentucky 6 -130o
Mississippi State 5.5
South Carolina 5.5 -125u
Mississippi State 5.5

SIAP - Flame Away!

And as usual Peabody didn't even register! 😂😂😂 they should be in CUSA anyway

I originally though 6-6 with another bowl win over a big 10 school making it 7-6 overall

VN Store

Back