What if we are better?

ButchAintOne

Hooker4Heisman
What if we have a better season this year than the previous ones under Jones? It's a thought I have been rattling around in my head since spring practice. Does it mean new coaches are doing their jobs better than previous? Are new schemes better? Was injuries last season really the downfall of last season? Is it just the byproduct of young players getting p.t. last year? I personally think we will be better. So what does it mean if we are?

P.s. Long time observer, first thread

Reactions: 13 people
Only 3 SEC teams have won 9 games EACH of the previous 2 seasons.

AL
FL
And Tennessee!

Just saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32 people
I'll be happy with 9-10 wins this season. Anything less than that, we have some issues whether it's Butch, the assistants, or a combination of both. I do think we have enough talent to win the East this year but that's if we stay healthy and Butch does his job right.

Reactions: 1 person
I just feel like we will be a better team this season and cant pin point why I think that. I can't get my exact thoughts out on what I'm asking so I hope yall understand lol

Reactions: 2 people
Well I would say that last season we had the talent and experience with our roster to win the east and be in SEC champ. That didn't happen. Injuries happen all the time. I think last year it was more on our coaching staff.

I'd expect we will overachieve our expectations based on how new our staff will be. We will have kids with little experience but they will be more determine to work their tails off.

The best analogy is when you get a new job. You always want to do your very best early on, but then you can get burnt out. New roster with new staff will equal more energy and lots of wins

Well I would say that last season we had the talent and experience with our roster to win the east and be in SEC champ. That didn't happen. Injuries happen all the time. I think last year it was more on our coaching staff.

I'd expect we will overachieve our expectations based on how new our staff will be. We will have kids with little experience but they will be more determine to work their tails off.

The best analogy is when you get a new job. You always want to do your very best early on, but then you can get burnt out. New roster with new staff will equal more energy and lots of wins

I don’t think that even Alabama could play well with third team freshmen and sophomores having to play because of injuries.

Reactions: 5 people
I don’t think that even Alabama could play well with third team freshmen and sophomores having to play because of injuries.

Bama's secondary looked a lot worse after having only one injury in the secondary. Can't imagine what would happen if they had a dozen different starting Secondary combinations like we did

Reactions: 3 people
If we have a strong leader on Defense that could be the difference in 8-11 wins. We need someone to take that role TKJ,Kongbo,Kmac or maybe Tuttle. That's a pretty stout group I'd like to see one of those guys take that on.

Last edited:
If we have a strong leader on Defense that could be the difference in 8-11 wins. We need someone to take that role TKJ,Kongbo,Kmac or maybe Tuttle. That's a pretty stout group I'd like to see one of those take that on.

Don't forget about DKJ

In no way am I trying to do some kind of DH4 thing, but I just had this feeling that we would beat florida. I kinda have that same feeling that 121 will have it together.

VN Store

Back