Tennessee has real momentum this spring

KBVol

http://es.pn/2pSMDr6

A snippet....

But if you really dive into what Jones said on Monday and take a look at what this program has been doing since the end of last season, you can't really argue with the man. Jones might not approach the whole how-to-send-a-message thing well at times, but even in his most monotone delivery he makes his point about how Tennessee seriously does have real momentum in 2017 and he's got the facts to back it up.

"When you look at the NFL draft with the six drafted players and the numerous free-agent signings, the 972 in the APR (Academic Progress Rate) -- that's what it's all about, is winning football games, graduating players and developing them to play at the next level," Jones said. "I think our program has a lot of momentum. It's a great challenge this offseason in terms of the summer then into fall camp with a very, very good Georgia Tech and the many challenges they will present, but I was pleased overall with the spring."

Reactions: 23 people
The author cites Jones on the 2017 NFL Draftees, improved APR, and the 2018 recruiting prospects in the article.

I'm not sure how any of those three items have any bearing on whether or not UT has 'momentum' going into the 2017 season.

Reactions: 9 people
The author cites Jones on the 2017 NFL Draftees, improved APR, and the 2018 recruiting prospects in the article.

I'm not sure how any of those three items have any bearing on whether or not UT has 'momentum' going into the 2017 season.

28 minutes?! Negavols Off their game!! :blink:

Reactions: 44 people

Hellavu lot better than where we were 5 years ago....

Reactions: 27 people
Im not sure momentum is even a real thing is sports. A streak of good news means momentum? A few scores or wins in a row? Maybe it inspires confidence in players and fans but I don't think it has any bearing on future outcomes.

Reactions: 2 people

A snippet....

But if you really dive into what Jones said on Monday and take a look at what this program has been doing since the end of last season, you can't really argue with the man. Jones might not approach the whole how-to-send-a-message thing well at times, but even in his most monotone delivery he makes his point about how Tennessee seriously does have real momentum in 2017 and he's got the facts to back it up.

"When you look at the NFL draft with the six drafted players and the numerous free-agent signings, the 972 in the APR (Academic Progress Rate) -- that's what it's all about, is winning football games, graduating players and developing them to play at the next level," Jones said. "I think our program has a lot of momentum. It's a great challenge this offseason in terms of the summer then into fall camp with a very, very good Georgia Tech and the many challenges they will present, but I was pleased overall with the spring."

Seems to be sounding a slight alarm bell for the Ga. Tech game....They really worry me on several levels. Least of which is not being use to the blocking coming from their type of running game. Must be able to watch all sides when running down ball carriers from one side of the field to the other. Big chance of getting hurt.

Im not sure momentum is even a real thing is sports. A streak of good news means momentum? A few scores or wins in a row? Maybe it inspires confidence in players and fans but I don't think it has any bearing on future outcomes.

If you don't believe momentum is real in sports, I question if you ever played a sport. It absolutely exists and can turn on a dime.

Reactions: 27 people

A snippet....

I hope this carries into the fall KB!

How is that a negative statement? Feel free to explain how any of those three items contribute to momentum going into the 2017 season.

NegaVols often don't even know they're being NegaVols.

Bearded, that was a negative comment. In response to a (left-handed) feel good piece about Butch and our beloved Vols.

Sure, Ed Aschoff can't write a logically coherent article to save his own life, but still...

...sometimes you just gotta put down the logic gun and focus on the feel of the article. This was a positive one, in a time when there aren't a whole lot of those. Especially coming from ESPN's resident Gator reporter (and supposed SEC reporter).

Nice to think with your brain, but to be a complete human being you have to be able to think with your heart, too.

Your comment was negative. You're a NegaVol. You showed up 23 minutes after the thread was started. Many think you were off your game for being so slow.

Hope this explains it all to your satisfaction. Oops, hold on, you're a NegaVol, there is no satisfaction in your life. Ah well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 people

Fade, that's a Gary Danielson idea: "no such thing as momentum."

He's been dead wrong all these years he's peddled the idea. Now you've joined him.

Reactions: 5 people
Hellavu lot better than where we were 5 years ago....

True, and I didn't say otherwise, but that still has nothing to do with whether or not the 2017 NFL draftees, improved APR, or the 2018 recruiting prospects have any affect on momentum going into the 2017 season.

on that, i agree.

but i do get the spirit of the article. you have the draft, the APR, and some good recruiting news....

let's just say they're selling points on the near future of the program. given all the 'negative recruiting' that we know has been going on, it's nice to have some counters now, that you can point to that are tangible and real.

before, it was just vision. you beat FL, you beat GA twice, you won bowl games and a fairly big ooc game, you got draft pics, apr, and recruiting is on the up tick.

if you're going to go out and promote, as we all know CBJ is going to do (as he should), then he should talk about these things in this light. and it's not a bad thing for it to be noticed and commented on, positively.

regardless of what i think about him and the general direction of the program on the field, i can at least acknowledge this for what it is.

good news worthy of being talked about. and if it helps to bring in talent, in players and coaches, then i'm for it.

but as is always the case, it has to translate on the field.......at some point.:thumbsup:

NegaVols often don't even know they're being NegaVols.

Bearded, that was a negative comment. In response to a (left-handed) feel good piece about Butch and our beloved Vols.

Sure, Ed Aschoff can't write a logically coherent article to save his own life, but still...

...sometimes you just gotta put down the logic gun and focus on the feel of the article. This was a positive one, in a time when there aren't a whole lot of those. Especially coming from ESPN's resident Gator reporter (and supposed SEC reporter).

Nice to think with your brain, but to be a complete human being you have to be able to think with your heart, too.

Your comment was negative. You're a NegaVol. You showed up 23 minutes after the thread was started. Many think you were off your game for being so slow.

Hope this explains it all to your satisfaction. Oops, hold on, you're a NegaVol, there is no satisfaction in your life. Ah well.

I think you are willfully confusing the concepts of "contradictory" and "negative". My statement is contradictory, but contradictory =/= negative.

Reactions: 1 person
Negavols have little to say or complain about this spring, but it doesn't stop some from calling them out and trashing a thread for no apparent reason other than to be an ***

Reactions: 1 person
Negavols have little to say or complain about this spring, but it doesn't stop some from calling them out and trashing a thread for no apparent reason other than to be an ***

We finished off last year losing to Vandy with a Sugar Bowl birth on the line. Far as can tell there are no games in spring. Plenty to criticize.

Reactions: 3 people
on that, i agree.

but i do get the spirit of the article. you have the draft, the APR, and some good recruiting news....

let's just say they're selling points on the near future of the program. given all the 'negative recruiting' that we know has been going on, it's nice to have some counters now, that you can point to that are tangible and real.

before, it was just vision. you beat FL, you beat GA twice, you won bowl games and a fairly big ooc game, you got draft pics, apr, and recruiting is on the up tick.

if you're going to go out and promote, as we all know CBJ is going to do (as he should), then he should talk about these things in this light. and it's not a bad thing for it to be noticed and commented on, positively.

regardless of what i think about him and the general direction of the program on the field, i can at least acknowledge this for what it is.

good news worthy of being talked about. and if it helps to bring in talent, in players and coaches, then i'm for it.

but as is always the case, it has to translate on the field.......at some point.:thumbsup:

Probably comes off a little nega, but true.

VN Store

Back