Ranking 15 Teams Capable of Winning 2017/2018 National Championship

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
http://newarena.com/ncaaf/ranking-1..._source=fb_ae&utm_medium=fb-ytop&utm_term=SDS

15. Tennessee

USATSI_9966146.jpg
This could be a make-or-break year for Butch Jones. The Vols have yet to win 10 games during the Jones era — even though UT routinely ranks amongst the best in the nation annually when it comes to recruiting.
The overall amount of talent on this squad is perhaps the best of any school in the conference not named Alabama. In any case, Tennessee hasn’t won 10 games in a season since 2007. The quarterback position is an on-going battle between Quinten Dormady and Jarrett Guarantano (with the former potentially holding a slight edge). Should Tennessee not win the SEC East this season, it could signal the end of the Jones tenure.

I don't believe bunch has to win the East to keep his job but a 7 win season would mean a very hot seat for him in 2018.

Reactions: 10 people
(1) We'll go 11-1 in the regular season winning the SEC East.

(2) We'll win the SEC championship game against Alabama avenging an earlier loss.

(3) We'll beat Ohio State for the national championship.

Reactions: 18 people

(2) We'll win the SEC championship game against Alabama avenging an earlier loss.

I'm sure you'll change your mind in about 5 minutes

Reactions: 28 people
Everyone in the country sees this as a "make or break year" for Butch. Our own fans think it's a rebuilding year and he should be given three more years. It's such a weird switch to the norm.

Reactions: 8 people

So this team is more talented and better than the team you crowned as the most talented team UT has had in 20 years?

I remember when you said we would be the first 15-0 team, Hurd would have like 1600 rushing yards, we would have like 3 first round draft picks and oh the best one, Dobbs will win the Heisman.

Keep on keeping on D4H.

Reactions: 5 people
Everyone in the country sees this as a "make or break year" for Butch. Our own fans think it's a rebuilding year and he should be given three more years. It's such a weird switch to the norm.

Jesus, how many freaking rebuilding years does Butch get? It absolutely should be a make or break year for Butch. He has to prove that he can win the East at the very least.

Awesome. Your screen name clearly shows you have a knack for picking this type of stuff.

Reactions: 3 people
http://newarena.com/ncaaf/ranking-1..._source=fb_ae&utm_medium=fb-ytop&utm_term=SDS

15. Tennessee

USATSI_9966146.jpg
This could be a make-or-break year for Butch Jones. The Vols have yet to win 10 games during the Jones era — even though UT routinely ranks amongst the best in the nation annually when it comes to recruiting.
The overall amount of talent on this squad is perhaps the best of any school in the conference not named Alabama. In any case, Tennessee hasn’t won 10 games in a season since 2007. The quarterback position is an on-going battle between Quinten Dormady and Jarrett Guarantano (with the former potentially holding a slight edge). Should Tennessee not win the SEC East this season, it could signal the end of the Jones tenure.

I don't believe bunch has to win the East to keep his job but a 7 win season would mean a very hot seat for him in 2018.

There's a butch of different ways this season could play our for bunch.

8 gimmies, 4 toss ups.

Figure a bunch out Butch.

Win them all!

Reactions: 4 people

Keep trying. One of these days you'll have an accurate prediction.

Truly some elementary school level reasoning there. Bet you are excited summer is here.

After beating Fl and Ga to lose to USC and Vandy is a fluke.

Team 121 hasn't lost a game. As for any team beating them, I've got to see it to believe it.

CBJ has been building this team since he got here. He could go flop, but he could also get 121 to pull together and do something big.

I am glad for the weather change and school being out. It will give me more time outdoors with the kids. So yes it's exciting.

Reactions: 8 people

Team 121 hasn't lost a game. As for any team beating them, I've got to see it to believe it.

CBJ has been building this team since he got here. He could go flop, but he could also get 121 to pull together and do something big.

I am glad for the weather change and school being out. It will give me more time outdoors with the kids. So yes it's exciting.

He was building for last year...

Reactions: 3 people
VolNation: the only place in America where an article highlights our team as one of 15 that could vie for a national title, and the fan base spends the next 20 posts arguing about the coach being fired and each other's predictions being wrong.

Whatever happened to the love of the team, the love of football?

To the point: we could...I'll be surprised if we do...but getting to Atlanta in December would be a very nice way to get at it. Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
Keep trying. One of these days you'll have an accurate prediction.

He just gets more and more outlandish to the point of jumping the shark. He obviously is a troll, and we should all just ignore him.

I like the attitude but please pass me the pipe

Hilarious. We beat UGA on a hail Mary, but to people like you, the fluke was losing to USC and Vandy.

Butch is certainly lucky to have people like you hanging on.

VN Store

Back