Anybody sat in Terrace?

MakeTNGrtAgain

Respected on Both Sides
I have an opportunity to lock down tickets in the Tennessee Terrace for the upcoming season. My usual season tickets are in Section L. Is it worth the upgrade?

I liked it better when I bring the kids. Easier to get to restrooms and concession without wait.

I sat in "The Terrace" for 25 years or so until it became THE Terrace and I got kicked downstairs. Since then I was there 1 game with a friend. The conveniences are nice and there is more butt room but I didn't enjoy the snobbery (a technical term) and am unwilling to splurge to rub elbows with the elite.

Reactions: 5 people
I sat in "The Terrace" for 25 years or so until it became THE Terrace and I got kicked downstairs. Since then I was there 1 game with a friend. The conveniences are nice and there is more butt room but I didn't enjoy the snobbery (a technical term) and am unwilling to splurge to rub elbows with the elite.

What!??? Donchaknow who you are!? Dint know you had low social standing til you got kicked out of your good season tickets, eh???🤔
.... me neither😔

We've had tickets in the Terrace since it's conception & have been very pleased..... Oh yeah we aren't snobs. Our previous seats were in Section T.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok.....so I've been holding onto this for 2 years...but considering the "...got kicked out of the seats...." for higher revenue reasons, I thought I'd comment.

Took my wife, 3 kids to see UT play Western Carolina University a couple of years ago. Knew it would be a blow out but just wanted some fun and Neyland atmosphere to to solidify my kid's love for UT.

I purchased sodas for my 3 kids. Not having been to Neyland in a while, I didn't know about the "sticker" thing on the side of the plastic cup. It seems that if you have a sticker you get one free refill.

Upon leaving the game in mid 3rd (score 50ish to 10ish), my daughter (almost 9) asked for a refill b/c her brothers had helped themselves to part of hers. At the counter the person asked, "Where is the sticker?" "What sticker?" I asked. "The one that entitles you to a free refill". "I don't know; didn't know I needed it". My daughter finally admitted that she had taken it off not knowing its significance.

They would not refill the drink.

I said, "You mean after I have spent $350+ on tickets, paid $20 to park, paid $50 in round-trip shuttle, paid $75 in drinks/snacks and $50 in UT souvenirs, I have to pay $8 more dollars for a refill b/c I don't have a 'sticker'?"

"Yes".

I left and purchased one at a convenience store.

UT is more and more about $ and less and less about education and top-rated sports....IMHO.

Reactions: 5 people
Ok.....so I've been holding onto this for 2 years...but considering the "...got kicked out of the seats...." for higher revenue reasons, I thought I'd comment.

Took my wife, 3 kids to see UT play Western Carolina University a couple of years ago. Knew it would be a blow out but just wanted some fun and Neyland atmosphere to to solidify my kid's love for UT.

I purchased sodas for my 3 kids. Not having been to Neyland in a while, I didn't know about the "sticker" thing on the side of the plastic cup. It seems that if you have a sticker you get one free refill.

Upon leaving the game in mid 3rd (score 50ish to 10ish), my daughter (almost 9) asked for a refill b/c her brothers had helped themselves to part of hers. At the counter the person asked, "Where is the sticker?" "What sticker?" I asked. "The one that entitles you to a free refill". "I don't know; didn't know I needed it". My daughter finally admitted that she had taken it off not knowing its significance.

I said, "You mean after I have spent $350+ on tickets, paid $20 to park, paid $50 in round-trip shuttle, paid $75 in drinks/snacks and $50 in UT souvenirs, I have to pay $8 more dollars for a refill b/c I don't have a 'sticker'?"

"Yes".

UT is more and more about $ and less and less about education and top-rated sports....IMHO.

Have you been to a sporting event outside of UT. Heck last time I went to a little league game cokes were 4 dollars and smaller with no refill.
You could have parked downtown for free and took the shuttle for free from there.
You should have shopped around for tickets, that is well above face value for those.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful but going to most sporting events or outings will cost you money, thing is you can't take it with you. Hopefully your kids had a great time and that should be all that matters.

As for the Terrace, that was built by the demand for better seats and more room. The Terrace has been sold out most of the years since it started. I'm pretty sure most that sat there before were offered the chance to get terrace tickets. If you were UT would you not jump at the chance to make more money per space on a section of seats?

Reactions: 2 people
Have you been to a sporting event outside of UT? ...
As a matter of fact, I have. Some prices are higher (MLB/NFL) and others are much lower (Augusta Nat'l/NASCAR for example). Sandwiches range from $1.50 to $3 and soft drinks are $1.50 at Augusta for the Masters. Beer is $3 at most NASCAR tracks. AND you don't have to pay kilobucks in "donation" to get to pay those prices.

I have an opportunity to lock down tickets in the Tennessee Terrace for the upcoming season. My usual season tickets are in Section L. Is it worth the upgrade?

Oh, you said SAT (S-A-T)!
I thought you left out an H.

Last edited:

"Yes".

Taking your frustration out on that girl was definitely the right thing to do.

Reactions: 7 people
Man was frustrated about cost of a refill that he deserved for free. Can't say I blame him.

Last edited:
I've sat there twice with friends who have season tkts there. Great seats and view but those people don't get into the game as much as the regulars seats it didn't seem like. Concessions and bathrooms are very convenient and you have a nice warm/cool/dry place to go at halftime if the weather is bad. If you can afford them, I say go for it!!

C'mon Volly, man was asking for something that he deserved.

What was she supposed to do about it? She was told by her boss not to give refills on cups without the stickers. I realize it's just pennies worth if she had done it, but she followed what her employer (they might be volunteers?) told her to do. That was my point. His frustration was misplaced.

Reactions: 4 people

Seats and amenities are much better but atmosphere is worse. I like it because it is much easier to take my kids and I create my own atmosphere. Are you buying them from UT or a season ticket holder in terrace?

"Yes".

Of course you could have donated the $2500/seat/year and paid for the tickets as well. They may have overlooked the refill sticker charge. Most of the people there are not snobs, but have chosen to gratefully donate to "their school" Most others are bought by businesses to give to clients and employees.

Of course you could have donated the $2500/seat/year and paid for the tickets as well. They may have overlooked the refill sticker charge. Most of the people there are not snobs, but have chosen to gratefully donate to "their school" Most others are bought by businesses to give to clients and employees.

Off the subject, but we are coming to Hilton Head in two wks for vacation. Assuming you live on or around Hilton Head, maybe we can golf while I'm there. Hdcp is around 8 or a 10. Go Vols.

In my opinion, the best environment in the stadium is the first 10ish rows of the East Sideline. Sections A-E. Also get a nice discount on season tickets. With that being said, as always, it depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking to take your kids/wife and enjoy the upgraded bathroom, concessions, and lack of lines then terrace may be for you.

C'mon Volly, man was asking for something that he deserved.

What was she supposed to do about it? She was told by her boss not to give refills on cups without the stickers. I realize it's just pennies worth if she had done it, but she followed what her employer (they might be volunteers?) told her to do. That was my point. His frustration was misplaced.

And how many people during a game try to lie about the refill to get something for free. Again, I know it is not a lot of money for them to refill but it is the rule. If he didn't know about the sticker, then he shouldn't have expected a refill because they didn't give them before the stickers.

Reactions: 1 person
Seats and amenities are much better but atmosphere is worse. I like it because it is much easier to take my kids and I create my own atmosphere. Are you buying them from UT or a season ticket holder in terrace?

Season ticket holder.

In my opinion, the best environment in the stadium is the first 10ish rows of the East Sideline. Sections A-E. Also get a nice discount on season tickets. With that being said, as always, it depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking to take your kids/wife and enjoy the upgraded bathroom, concessions, and lack of lines then terrace may be for you.

Sat in AA for the Oklahoma game and rally enjoyed it

VN Store

Back