Kongbo taking the next step

PackersVols91

I believe Kongbo may be the most important player on defense this year. He started playing better (albeit, against worse teams) later in the year. I hope he lives up to his rating.

Reactions: 5 people
You should take a job for a website. Talk about click bait...

Edit: and I wasted my first post with my new profile on this!!! Boo this man!

Reactions: 11 people
I think Kongbo has matured and is settling into his role now. Physical presence has never been an issue for the young man. Just focus on your game and ignore all the hype.

You could be right 91. We need a strong presence at DE to help out the back end of our defense, especially in passing situations. Hope Kongbo proves to be that guy. I'll take two though.....give me Taylor doing similar damage on the other side.....bookends if you will.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
You should take a job for a website. Talk about click bait...

Edit: and I wasted my first post with my new profile on this!!! Boo this man!

Lol, welcome to our dysfunctional forum family where snark and sarcasm can go along way, you've earned your likes.

About Kongbo,
He seems to have a magnetic personality with the potential to be a team leader based on my observances.

If I recall he was a bit of a malcontent early in the season last year and then the situation started to get shaky when they first started playing him inside late in the year.

Then over the last few games he really did seem to improve. Admittedly as the OP stated, that was against lesser competition. The reports I read from various sites stated he was maturing, growing up, becoming a team leader etc.... all that rosey crap.

The tell for me was at the end of our bowl game win when Kongbo hoisted Butch in the air on the sideline. I saw that to be indicative of having capitulated to Butch's system and the team.

Hopefully so. He doesn't have to be D. Barnett to be a leader and help team 121.

Reactions: 2 people
Hopefully he will show out this year. Lack of football experience is what hurts him the most I think. He definitely has the raw ability and intangibles to be a star, just lacks vital experience.

Title: Cure for cancer found!

Post: I think doctors are going to find a cure for cancer because they sure do receive a lot of money for funding and they all have good attitudes about it. Also its been around for a while.

Reactions: 4 people
Okay, allow me to vent.. There was nothing wrong with JK except he was forced inside to DT due to ridiculous amount of injuries at DT.. No way for a 270 lb Kongbo or a 265 lb Kyle Phillips could be very successful playing dt against SEC offensive lineman, including SC or Vandy..

Last edited:
Title: Cure for cancer found!

Post: I think doctors are going to find a cure for cancer because they sure do receive a lot of money for funding and they all have good attitudes about it. Also its been around for a while.

Woooooaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww.... let's pump the brakes.... it wasn't that egregious....

Okay, allow me to vent.. There was nothing wrong with JK except he was forced inside to DT due to ridiculous amount of injuries at DT.. No way for a 270 lb Kongbo or a 265 lb Kenny Phillips could be very successful playing dt against SEC offensive lineman, including SC or Vandy..

Go Kenny Phillips!

Okay, allow me to vent.. There was nothing wrong with JK except he was forced inside to DT due to ridiculous amount of injuries at DT.. No way for a 270 lb Kongbo or a 265 lb Kyle Phillips could be very successful playing dt against SEC offensive lineman, including SC or Vandy..

Huge attitude issues for Kongbo last year. You're right about the position change out of necessity hurting him and our defense. But he didn't want to move down, reacted very poorly to doing so, nearly quit the team and hurt chemistry.

Hopefully moving him back to his natural position at DE this year solves all issues and he plays up to expectations.

BREAKING: Kongbo does something crazy! What happens next will shock you!

Article: I think Kongbo may be really good this year

#clickbait

VN Store

Back