Gameday at UT-GT?

The Dog

Because I Can
Lee Corso said Gameday would be in Atlanta, for the Bama-FSU game, on Sept. 2nd. What's the chance, Gameday stays in town 2 more days, for UT-GT ? I would think, pretty good, but I've been wrong before. It would be great pub to start the season and couldn't hurt in recruiting

Reactions: 1 person
Logistically is sounds good but wouldn't be worth it in my opinion. They aren't going to do an entire game day for a couple of games on a Monday.....even though it is Labor Day. Good thought though.

Plus as tight as they are on $$ I doubt they want to pay that entire crew for an extra production.

Still though he didnt come cheap --- Stephen Smith and his 3.5 mil salary should have been axed

I don't like the guy either, but he is one of the few people they have that actually drive ratings. I don't watch him but that's why they are paying him.

Reactions: 2 people
Lee Corso said Gameday would be in Atlanta, for the Bama-FSU game, on Sept. 2nd. What's the chance, Gameday stays in town 2 more days, for UT-GT ? I would think, pretty good, but I've been wrong before. It would be great pub to start the season and couldn't hurt in recruiting

I don't think they'll do another Gameday for the game. It will already be good pub for the program as it is the only game that day and its on national TV. There usually is one Monday game a year and the past four years, the amount of average viewers were 8.4 million, 10.6 million, 3.5 million, and 4.5 million. Now I don't think we'll draw the 8 or 10 million given the teams playing those years, but I'd be willing to bet around 5-6 million people will watch the game, which would likely be one of our most watched games of this year barring we don't become a top 10 team.

Wishful thinking by my part. U all think the Gameday crew will, at least, stay there and do a little pregame show, since the game is on ESPN ?

Wishful thinking by my part. U all think the Gameday crew will, at least, stay there and do a little pregame show, since the game is on ESPN ?

The Gameday crew doesn't even usually stick around for the game that they're at do they? I think that they rush to the airport and get the heck out of Dodge before the post game crowds clog up the nearest airport.

The Gameday crew doesn't even usually stick around for the game that they're at do they? I think that they rush to the airport and get the heck out of Dodge before the post game crowds clog up the nearest airport.

I think Herbstreit is sometimes one of the commentators for whichever game they're at, so he will stay when he has to. But yea, they usually have a lot of distance to cover and a lot of gear to bring with them so they pack things up pretty quick.

I doubt it but they should do plenty of coverage for other game on site. Just makes since that all four teams would have Cameos with game day crew.

Heck I have always rooted for FSU when Tennessee isn't playing... I would love to see that game too but can't afford to spend all weekend in Atl. That FSU vs Bama is the game to see but hope we burry GT.

Bama vs. FSU has national appeal.

UT vs. GT....not so much. People will watch because it's on TV on Labor Day night, but not because of the match up.

Reactions: 2 people
Bama vs. FSU has national appeal.

UT vs. GT....not so much. People will watch because it's on TV on Labor Day night, but not because of the match up.

Tennessee is a big draw for fans. GT was a great football program but not so much since the 80's. Now they are a good basketball school with a good engineering program.

I don't like the guy either, but he is one of the few people they have that actually drive ratings. I don't watch him but that's why they are paying him.

I my humble opinion, he drives ratings alright, DOWN. I change channels as soon as he appears (show or spot). I and others I know think he is the most obnoxious, belligerent person on TV, be it sports or otherwise. I personally think he is a raciest of the first order. Don't get me wrong, color or race for me is just a different colored person, I have found there are just as many bad types in all races, along with as many good types. Seems to me, most all of us are just concerned with getting by. But Smith, just can't like him.

I doubt that Gameday would stick around. It will cost too much financially. Now Herbie might stick around if he's commentating on the TN vs GT game. There's a lot of logistics that come in play.

My roommates brother is 1/2 scheduling guys for ESPN college anchors. If anything he'll know.

Herbstreit and Fowler did both Bama vs. USC on Saturday night and Ole Miss vs FSU on Monday night last year. I wouldn't be surprised if they called our game too.

VN Store

Back