Sour Grapes from TTU regarding Barnett

Loooooooool....why would they do that?

No kidding, they talk crap about his abilities against the run but yet they only got 60 as a team for the entire game. Maybe they should've pulled up the Mizzou or Vandy game when our D couldn't stop anything on the ground, not a game where they shut your team out in a demoralizing fashion.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 people
They're just salty because the only truly golden Eagle from Tennessee is NOT from Tech! He's in Philly now sitting pretty with a golden contract on the way from the proverbial goose that lays a golden egg.

Meanwhile, TTU's goose got cooked 55 to Goose egg (0). So close, yet so far away, right Tech? Yeah, right. Not even close! You might as well have deleted that tweet tonight because just like DB and the Vols deleted your offense, either way the final result is the same.

Get that wannabe social media guy out of there, Tech. He's doing your program no favors!

Reactions: 4 people
Loooooooool....why would they do that?

I'm sure the short-sighted thinking went something like this ... "Hey, recruits and fans (mainly recruits), you should check out how the mighty TTU offense handled a 1st round draft pick. Do you all realize how elite we really are here in Cookvegas"?

The problem is that instead of getting that point across, they got exposed and appeared to be salty toward DB or the Vols. I'm almost certain, that they are just ignorant and not malicious.

** But, the irony of it all is that Barnett has been phenomenal against the run from day 1 at UT. He's been way more than an edge rusher. I'm sure there are 100 plays of every 1st rounder who were beaten on plays based on the O & D calls of those particular plays. But, 16-17yo kids aren't thinking this way.

Reactions: 3 people
Meanwhile, TTU's goose got cooked 55 to Goose egg (0). So close, yet so far away, right Tech? Yeah, right. Not even close! You might as well have deleted that tweet tonight because just like DB and the Vols deleted your offense, either way the final result is the same.

That's some funny stuff right there. I don't care who you are. :eek:lol:

Reactions: 2 people
If that is how they want to be, we can wait another 40 or 50 years before we let them come back.

One play means nothing. Got to remember Derick is a Junior coming from a team with S&C issues. He will continue to get stronger and faster. Check him out in 2 years.

Reactions: 1 person
That's some funny stuff right there. I don't care who you are. :eek:lol:

Thank you for your show of solidarity during this difficult time the Tennessee Tech offense has caused for our poor Derek Barnett who must feel completely humiliated by all that they exposed.

Take comfort and be not dismayed. Together, we will make it through this ordeal. Derek, we're here for you man! We won't allow those big boy bullies at Tech to digitally intimidate you any longer! Thank God he doesn't have to face them in the NFL! :eek:lol:

Derek Barnett's First Tweet as a Pro!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
My alma mater just went

tenor.gif

and the whole internet went

5gn55.jpg

Then, for a school with "Tech" right there in its name to crawfish a twitter post and act like nothing happened?

Not our finest moment. Hopefully this means we are finally getting serious about assembling a competitive OVC football team, though. Cookeville is a great place to go to school.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back