Nice article on Alvin Kamara

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I've always thought, from the outside looking in, that Alvin Kamara appeared to be a team player. I love this quote.

“Just always thankful for the opportunities I got,” he said. “I want to get the ball as much as I can. Carries, catches … however they want to use me. But it’s not just about me. I was part of a team. Coaches do what’s best for the team. That’s the way it should be.”

Tennessee’s Alvin Kamara takes an unexpected path to NFL draft

Reactions: 8 people
What a bright, thoughtful, mature young man. He's the kind of kid you always want to pull for. Hope he has a great NFL career...I'll be following him for sure.

Reactions: 2 people
I've always thought, from the outside looking in, that Alvin Kamara appeared to be a team player. I love this quote.

Tennessee’s Alvin Kamara takes an unexpected path to NFL draft

AK is obviously a class act. He could have launched a serious SCUD at our football program that hardcore fans would have been hard pressed to rebut. He did not, he is a definite VFL, proud of and for him, and nothing but my best to him from my part of the world.

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 1 person
There are solid reasons why AK was rewarded and made a Team Captain, He earned that reward daily.

The big question will always be...Why wasn't AK our starting RB or at least given the ball several more times in each game?

This is my guess at a answer and the reasons behind my guess...

When Hurd was a senior at Beech High school my son dated a really good looking girl that also went to Beech HS.

One Friday my son had to go do some work at a friends farm to earn some extra $$$ so he asked us if we would go pickup his GF after school for him and bring her to our house.

We really liked the girl so we were happy to do that.

During the ride home she and I got to talking Tennessee football and Jalen Hurd since I was really excited that he was going to the hill.

What she told me about Mr Hurd shocked and stunned me.

She said Hurd was a total egomaniac, a drama queen and cared about nothing or nobody except himself.

She also said that because of all of that Hurd really didn't have many real fans, just those that kissed his butt and hoped to ride his coattails and try to get $$$ off of him if he made it to the NFL.

I was really sad to hear all of those things but I hoped the kid would grow up and realise his potential at Tennessee.

My guess is that buTch was in a bad situation and pandered to Hurd in order to keep him from transferring out.

Another guess is that buTch wasn't certain that AK could be a every down back and take so much serious pounding for a entire season.

In that situation I think all of us would have done the same things that buTch did to get as many WINS as we could.

We all know how the sad ending came about.

BUT what if...What if Hurd didn't showboat at the UGa came where he was going in for a easy TD, he slowed up to like the Prima Donna we all now know he is and a UGa player caught up and slapped the ball out of his hand and UGa got the ball.

7 lost points because Hurd had to try to show off...THINK, if we get those 7 points we would NOT have needed a awesome Hail Mary pass from Dobbs and a totally amazing catch by J. Jennings to get that WIN.

Hurd wouldn't have taken the many butt chewings we all knew he took from coaches and players.

AK would NOT have gotten his chance to have a totally awesome game at aTm and for the rest of the season.

Most likely Hurd would have stayed and become the UT all time rushing leader and he would be getting drafted this week.

Had that happened it's possible that AK would still be here for next season to really showcase his amazing talents for next years NFL draft and John Kelly would be the backup to AK.

AK is a class act and a good football player and I wish him all the best.

I sure would have liked to have him wearing our Big Orange for 1 more year though.

AK and Kelly would have been lots of fun to watch together.

VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back