Jaworski Draft comments on Dobbs

I will be surprised if he last past the second round.

Mark Dominik (former Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM) said on NFL Live today that according to his sources in the league, Josh Dobbs will be off the board by the second round. He said lots of teams have worked him out and they want him. Todd McShay agreed that he's hearing the same thing.

As of right now it'll be a surprise if Dobbs makes it to the 3rd round.

Reactions: 10 people
REALLY HOPE he gets with a team that has a decent Oline!!

That has been Key for Prescott and will be Key for Dobbs!! :rock:

Reactions: 3 people
Mark Dominik (former Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM) said on NFL Live today that according to his sources in the league, Josh Dobbs will be off the board by the second round. He said lots of teams have worked him out and they want him. Todd McShay agreed that he's hearing the same thing.

Of course, just yesterday he was a 1st round lock.

Reactions: 1 person
Of course, just yesterday he was a 1st round lock.

When you are a projected 2nd round pick, there is always a chance you could sneak into the end of the 1st round.

And with QBs and how if you pick them in the 1st round you have them under contract for 5 years versus in the 2nd round where you have them under contract for only 4 years.

This would be the best thing for him. If he could go late 1st round he'd get on a good team and could sit and learn behind a solid starter. Those guys going to crappy teams normally have serious struggles in year 1 and lose confidence...not all but most

I would say Jaws knows a thing or two about NFL QBs. Dobbs deserves all the praise he gets.

Did you see Dobbs give Gruden a check for his charity. Just awesome

Reactions: 2 people
For Dobbs, later part of 1st or 2nd round is best-- i.e. better team than first part of 2nd round!

I see people blaming the WRs for Dobbs short-to-mid throws. To me that doesn't make a lick of sense. I can't even count how many times I saw Dobbs overthrow a guy who was less than 30 feet away from him or throw a screen at a guy's feet. Just goes to show the desperation of NFL GMs if he's being evaluated as 1st or 2nd round talent. I feel like in any other draft with a normal QB group Dobbs would be 5-7th round lock.

Amazing. I thought he would be 5, or 6th round a few weeks ago

I still believe it has EVERYTHING to do with what QB's get drafted early on and if a better talent is out there before Dobbs.

According to Walterfootball.com , Dobbs had 2 Private Workouts with the Chiefs and Steelers. He met with Lions and Titans more than once. Browns, Chargers, Panthers, and Saints round the last group.

The Chiefs have talked to 11 QBs. They had private workouts with Dobbs, C.Kelly, Kizer, Trubinsky, Watson, and Webb.

They also have tons of Draft picks that includes 27,59,91,and 104.
---------------------------------------------------------
The Steelers have talked to 4 QBs. They had private workouts with Dobbs, Mahomes, and Webb.

Draft picks are 30, 60, 94, and 105.

The Chiefs and Steelers are in the same boat, but I think Chiefs are more prepared to draft a QB in the first. If not, they are most likely taking the QB in 2nd.

I think the Steelers are projecting most of the QBs won't be avail for their 2nd pick and are preparing themselves to take a QB like Dobbs and Webb in 2nd. If they were prepared to take a QB in first, I would have assumed they would have talked to more higher rated QB's.

------------------------------------------

Lions -- 6 QBs, none private, but Dobbs and Kaaya were listed.

Titans --- Dobbs was only QB

Browns ---- 8 QBs
Chargers -- 5 QBs
Panthers -- Only Dobbs
Saints -- 6 QBs

If Dobbs goes in 2nd round I think it's Steelers or Chiefs..

If not I think he could get drafted by Saints, Chargers, Lions in 3rd-4th.

I don't see him lasting longer than 4th from this data.

I see people blaming the WRs for Dobbs short-to-mid throws. To me that doesn't make a lick of sense. I can't even count how many times I saw Dobbs overthrow a guy who was less than 30 feet away from him or throw a screen at a guy's feet. Just goes to show the desperation of NFL GMs if he's being evaluated as 1st or 2nd round talent. I feel like in any other draft with a normal QB group Dobbs would be 5-7th round lock.

Dobbs and the team got better at the passing game over the years. Dobbs did throw some really bad passes his first and second years. But, the line protection was poor, young receivers ran routs wrong and there were a lot of drops. This is why I was not an Az fan. By his junior and senior year Dobb was much improved as were the receivers. Dobbs long ball and swing passes were much better. There were stil some broken spring passes but not many. I was still frustrated by the dropped balls.
Best thing about the spring game 14 catches out of 14 possible catches. Go coach KB.

Dobbs and the team got better at the passing game over the years. Dobbs did throw some really bad passes his first and second years. But, the line protection was poor, young receivers ran routs wrong and there were a lot of drops. This is why I was not an Az fan. By his junior and senior year Dobb was much improved as were the receivers. Dobbs long ball and swing passes were much better. There were stil some broken spring passes but not many. I was still frustrated by the dropped balls.
Best thing about the spring game 14 catches out of 14 possible catches. Go coach KB.

Guarantano missed one pass. It shows that our WRs are way better coached under Beard than Azzani.

Or maybe cause we actually have a QB coach?

That helps also. The only reason I said WRs is because Guarantano actually threw some bad passes that our receivers bailed him out of. Like when he threw behind the WR on a crossing route.

VN Store

Back