CFA Kickoff Fallback Options?

fort_vol

Last week, the Mercedes-Benz Stadium's opening, originally slated for March 1st, was delayed until August 26th. After three delays accounting for 6 months of time, the odds of them missing yet another deadline seem inevitable. Especially when we're talking about a window of only 6 days (slated to open for Falcons preseason, FSU-Bama is the following Friday). I know they've already torn up the turf of the GA Dome and sold it off and were planning to do the same with the seats. Anybody know how far along they are in this process? If the GA dome somehow weren't available, I would imagine that Bobby Dodd would be a viable third option for TN-GT.

As of today, the officials behind the CFA Kickoff announced that the roof of the dome would be closed all weekend. I've also heard that the company behind the stadium's construction hasn't been able to solve the issue of opening/ closing the dome. Apparently, it might be left permanently closed. 2017 continues to tear Atlanta apart.

Last week, the Mercedes-Benz Stadium's opening, originally slated for March 1st, was delayed until August 26th. After three delays accounting for 6 months of time, the odds of them missing yet another deadline seem inevitable. Especially when we're talking about a window of only 6 days (slated to open for Falcons preseason, FSU-Bama is the following Friday). I know they've already torn up the turf of the GA Dome and sold it off and were planning to do the same with the seats. Anybody know how far along they are in this process? If the GA dome somehow weren't available, I would imagine that Bobby Dodd would be a viable third option for TN-GT.

As of today, the officials behind the CFA Kickoff announced that the roof of the dome would be closed all weekend. I've also heard that the company behind the stadium's construction hasn't been able to solve the issue of opening/ closing the dome. Apparently, it might be left permanently closed. 2017 continues to tear Atlanta apart.

Doesn't FSU-Bama open up a couple days earlier? Seems I saw somewhere that the GA Dome de-construction was being delayed to make sure the M-B stadium would be ready. Not 100% on that, but seems I read it somewhere.

UPDATE: here is the link I found regarding GA Dome...also mentions that the playing surface has already been removed but they are holding off on any further actions.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...lays-mercedes-benz-stadium-opening/100604144/

Last edited:
Game will turn into a chili dog eating contest at the Varsity if the Mercedes Benz Dome is unavailable.

Reactions: 2 people

If the new stadium is unavailable, they will use the Georgia Dome. They already have a plan in place for it, including purchasing and putting down turf. It's an easy process to do it on a concrete floor, as the Georgia Dome has. They would probably actually use the turf that is scheduled to go into the new stadium if they had to.

If the GA dome is not an option, I don't think we play a home game at Georgia Tech. Only viable option is accelerate any maintenance needed, and move it to Neyland. Consider playing at MBS in the future.

"Normal steelwork has taken longer than anticipated and that has had an impact on the overall timeline," That's what you get for using Chinese steel!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Bunch of Lefties trying to run a GIANT construction project?? :blink::blink:

Double the cost and a year late...sounds about right for the Gub-Ment!! :banghead2:

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back