CBJ and injuries

bigdaddy

The Bull3tspung
Staff member
Whatever it is this guy has the injury bug with his players. This is the third year in a row we have 5 defensive lineman out for the spring. We have had crucial injuries every year with him. This, more than his game day blunders, will do him in IMO

Reactions: 3 people
People always say it's not a big deal and it is normal, but I do think there is something wrong with how many injuries we have.

Reactions: 13 people
People always say it's not a big deal and it is normal, but I do think there is something wrong with how many injuries we have.

Couple that with inability to recruit quality SEC depth at the lines and you have huge problems.

Reactions: 12 people
I'll bet money he's sneaking through the athlete dorms at night hitting them with baseball bats while they sleep. That bastage, fire him I say!

Reactions: 40 people
I'll bet money he's sneaking through the athlete dorms at night hitting them with baseball bats while they sleep. That bastage, fire him I say!

While I get your sarcasm, you have to admit injuries are a problem with him. And if it causes another loss to Vandy then he is toast.

Reactions: 9 people
He has the injury bug for whatever reason and the stats prove it. His problem is he can't recruit top talent at the line.

We have recruited quality offensive and defensive line for the past three years. 2018 should be even better.

How was it CBJ fault that Shy Tuttle was cheap shotted by GA center?

Reactions: 9 people
You aren't looking at the facts then.

Too many other factors involved with this argument. Probably not enough of a sample size either considering he hasn't had these issues at his other stops. But concerning your point about depth at the los positions please visit the Doug Mathews thread and get the take of someone that knows more than either of us about that point and get back to us.

Reactions: 2 people
We have recruited quality offensive and defensive line for the past three years. 2018 should be even better.

How was it CBJ fault that Shy Tuttle was cheap shotted by GA center?

No we haven't. Outside of 4 guys who else do we have on the lines that are SEC quality depth? It's CBJs fault he didn't have enough depth there to replace Tuttle and it's his fault JRM was placed on special teams and injured. Knowing his backup is a walk on in Colton Jumper.....dumb

Reactions: 4 people
Too many other factors involved with this argument. Probably not enough of a sample size either considering he hasn't had these issues at his other stops. But concerning your point about depth at the los positions please visit the Doug Mathews thread and get the take of someone that knows more than either of us about that point and get back to us.

I'll let the losses down the stretch to Vandy x 2, USC tell me all I need to know about how he recruits and coaches up quality depth. If you can't see injuries have hurt his coaching tenure and his lack of quality depth has loss us games I don't know what you are watching

Reactions: 3 people
From what I've heard, there was zero core or flexibility focus from the past S&C guys. Only bench-pressing and "curls for the girls." TIFWIW

Reactions: 1 person
I'll let the losses down the stretch to Vandy x 2, USC tell me all I need to know about how he recruits and coaches up quality depth. If you can't see injuries have hurt his coaching tenure and his lack of quality depth has loss us games I don't know what you are watching

Don't be stuck in the past. Be forward looking and talk about our depth this year.

Reactions: 1 person
He has the injury bug for whatever reason and the stats prove it. His problem is he can't recruit top talent at the line.

We have had too many injuries and despite what anyone says about excuses that cost us at the end of the season. But, let's face it, you have an agenda to fire Butch and will nit pick anything to advance it.

Reactions: 6 people

Watch out, you will get toasted on here for the stuff you are saying. I've said for years that our OL recruiting, especially at OT, is below SEC standard. Just because you recruit 1-2 very good OL players a year doesn't mean you recruit well. Depth at year five is still a problem at OT and DT. That's on Butch. To many of our fans want to live in the past and blame Dooley still. Facts are, Butch hasn't recruited elite talent every year where it matters most, OT, DT, and DE. It's that simple. For every Sky and KMac we take, we also take two project DTs who can't cut it in the SEC. At the end of the day, your OL and DL are the most important position groups on your team outside QB, and Butch has failed to build quality depth at both. It's been his downfall the last two years, and this year will likely be no different, especially on the DL because we lost too much talent in DB and CV. Our OL might improve due to Wells coaching, but depth is still a concern, especially if Hall can't play.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back