Post Orange and White game QB position still wide open imo

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Dormandy was good,maybe a little too good. He didn't miss a pass but what's that tell you? Familiarity with defenders perhaps through numerous practice sessions. I want a pass oriented offense but mobile qb helps out when passing and running game is off. (See Dobbs).

Reactions: 2 people
The contest will continue.
I have enough in life to fret over, no intention of adding 1 of our qbs looking 'too good' to my list.

Reactions: 5 people
QD and JG had their moments, of course, but this is far from over...definitely like our QB situation though...:thumbsup:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
IMO, the whole "competition" is somewhat manufactured. Keeps them working harder and pushing each other-- and that's good. But at the end of the day, one is older, stronger, more seasoned and takes better care of the ball. JG will be a great QB for us, but I think next year is Dormady's year.

Really wish we could find a position for SJones-- WR, RB, TE? He's like JJ-- a competitive leader that needs to be on the field.

Reactions: 4 people
Dormandy was good,maybe a little too good. He didn't miss a pass but what's that tell you? Familiarity with defenders perhaps through numerous practice sessions. I want a pass oriented offense but mobile qb helps out when passing and running game is off. (See Dobbs).

Dormady was too good because he was extremely accurate. That wheel route and red pass to the corner of the end zone were NFL level throws.

Reactions: 10 people
Dormady was too good because he was extremely accurate. That wheel route and red pass to the corner of the end zone were NFL level throws.

One thing that I look for in qb is the ability to roll out, throw across his body without breaking stride, into the secondary with perfect accuracy. That's deadly.

Reactions: 5 people
I thought QD did a fine job but also noticeable was the fact that in MOST cases, the WR's and backs were essentially wide open. Hope that was against a lot of the 2nd team D.

First off who is Dormandy? Also, he must be a pocket passer cause we don't have an immobile QB on our roster at that position.

Reactions: 1 person

The sample was to small, each QB got two possessions, one with the first team 'O' and one with the second team . We'll be okay at QB regardless of who wins the job. The 'D' is more of a concern give the last four games of '16.

It will be a contest up until the week before the season begins then Butch will name QD the starter.

Smartest thing JG can do is add some muscle and weight. He looks a little thin to me. I did like the way he stepped up in the pocket on that one play and broke out...woulda ran for 20 easily.

All I got to say is JG fits our O better, and a lot of guys show out in the spring to disappear in the fall; remember Sapp last year. Not to mention it was two quarters, against a vanilla D that wasn't Bama or FL. But, I'm glad Q looked good; just don't anoint him the savior just yet.

All I got to say is JG fits our O better, and a lot of guys show out in the spring to disappear in the fall; remember Sapp last year. Not to mention it was two quarters, against a vanilla D that wasn't Bama or FL. But, I'm glad Q looked good; just don't anoint him the savior just yet.

JG didn't look as good as Dormady, running the same offense against the same "vanilla D". Maybe you don't understand the offense as much as you pretend? :dunno:

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back