Any news on the Taeler Dowdy injury?

I asked the same yesterday, but still haven't found any update on the injury, just mentions of it like this -https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-football-rb-taeler-dowdy-goes-injury-orange-white-game/amp. I hope it's not as serious as it looked.

They're probably waiting for the swelling to go down before doing an MRI.

I haven't read anything about his injury, but it certainly didn't look good. You have to hate it for the kid. It's always unfortunate when something like that happens in the spring game.

Reactions: 4 people
I haven't read anything about his injury, but it certainly didn't look good. You have to hate it for the kid. It's always unfortunate when something like that happens in the spring game.

Wonder what happens to a walk on player should they get injured because they're not on scholarship to the University pay their medical bills?

Reactions: 1 person
Hope is alright, that was an awkward fall to say the least...due to wet turf.

He was doing well in the Spring and pushing for playing time.

Looked like more of a hamstring strain
I'm not sure we saw the same injury. His leg bent awkwardly back underneath him and he couldn't put any weight on it as they helped him off the field. It didn't look anything like a hamstring injury to me.

Reactions: 6 people
I'm not sure we saw the same injury. His leg bent awkwardly back underneath him and he couldn't put any weight on it as they helped him off the field. It didn't look anything like a hamstring injury to me.

Maybe.. both are awful

It was an ugly, unfortunate injury for the young man. Best wishes and God Speed healing to him...

Of course this is pure speculation, but watching the injury and how the leg bent unnaturally, to me looked like a possible injury to the MCL. Worst case scenario he tore it. At best it's a sprain but still takes a while to heal. Also could have meniscal damage. Less likely but ACL could have also been torn the way it bent if the MCL tore. But you never know until it's scanned.

Having torn the ACL, MCL, and PCL in my knee playing football, I cringed when I saw it live. He def tore something. My guess is MCL completely with a partial if not complete tear of the ACL. I returned after 3 months. Was supposed to be a 6 month process. He can do it, just grind big dog.

VN Store

Back