Potential Alum Head Coaches

IknoxvolsI

Thinking back to the glory years we not only had two back to back coaches who were Tennessee Alums but they were HC's for a long time and hailed from Tennessee.

With that said, are there any Tennessee Alums out there waiting in the wind?

Seems like that Clausen kid that won alot of games (Casey) is proving to be good!

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20150824/casey-clausen-leading-calabasas-football-culture-change

Except he would want to bring Rick with him and that would be potentially the 2nd largest potential dumpster fire just behind rehiring Dooley.

Would be great; but as well as he is doing, he may get a bigger opportunity in the NFL.

Yeah it seems like everything this guy touches turns to gold. Im guessing that if Detroit has a good season that he'll be a head coach in the NFL very soon.

Reactions: 1 person
Tee Martin? He will get a chance somewhere sooner or later. I hope CBJ coaches for a long time or does so well he gets an NFL job. Had enough instability the last 12 years.

Reactions: 3 people
Jeremy Bates was briefly at UT in the 90's. He's the QB coach for the Jets.

You could make a pretty good staff of young coaches with UT ties.

Thinking back to the glory years we not only had two back to back coaches who were Tennessee Alums but they were HC's for a long time and hailed from Tennessee.

With that said, are there any Tennessee Alums out there waiting in the wind?

Seems like that Clausen kid that won alot of games (Casey) is proving to be good!

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20150824/casey-clausen-leading-calabasas-football-culture-change

That report is 2 years ol. What happened in 2015 & 2016?

Tee Martin? He will get a chance somewhere sooner or later. I hope CBJ coaches for a long time or does so well he gets an NFL job. Had enough instability the last 12 years.

I don't think Tee will ever coach at Tennessee; too many burned bridges.

Reactions: 1 person

No way butch could ever get a job in the NFL above position coordinator imo.

He's a much better recruiter and not an elite x's and o's type of Coach.

Reactions: 2 people
All the coaches are X&O men. That's the easy part. Getting 85 kids to execute is the hard part. Butch has a good offensive system. Can't be that bad at X&O.

Reactions: 2 people
Who was the coach Dooley let go after the 2011 season (I think). Was late 80's and early 90's. Guy did press conference outside.

VN Store

Back