Orange and White Game Final Stats

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
C-C-VyxXoAEACcX.jpg

via John Brice

Reactions: 2 people
-1000 for UT athletic department.

Okay the thunderstorm was out of their control, but signing line was not. John Currie can not say "I'm new, I don't know" it's his ### #### job. He either knew or should have known.

If they didn't care enough to plan it correctly because we didn't pay then that should infuriate all of us who spend WAY too much money on that university.

Okay the thunderstorm was out of their control, but signing line was not. John Currie can not say "I'm new, I don't know" it's his ### #### job. He either knew or should have known.

If they didn't care enough to plan it correctly because we didn't pay then that should infuriate all of us who spend WAY too much money on that university.

What happened?

You are expecting too much from an AD that is inept at times

Reactions: 3 people

Wut?

I don't think anyone has any clue what you're talking about.

The signing lines? They are awful every year, and there are usually tons of people that don't get there in time

What in the actual hell are you even talking about?

Did you get kicked out of line for pushing kids down like they do at A day

What are we doing here?

Did they do it different this year?

There's a line. Get in it. Wait in it.

Who was 1st in line?

When did they start the line?

Where did they start the line?

Butch knew what was up. He should have protected his AD. Sometimes you have to step up Butch. 1/2 a O&W game, Big a Orange Caravan in question, get it together Butch.

With the early signing period does somebody need to speak up and tell them to make a big deal.

Do we have any satellite camps set up?

When and where would make for a great announcement.

Deer park, LWS, do something!

Reactions: 1 person
For all the smart a$$3$ that don't attend or spend time, money and energy trying to support our Vols "let me educate you a little bit"

They didn't have a plan for the rain. I only had about 75 to 100 people in front of me and didn't make even ONE table. I was in line by 715 am. They turned us away and said "nothing we can do, so might as well find a seat"

Every fan that waited with a poncho knew it might rain. However UT made no attempt at a contingency plan. Our new AD was in the stadium. My dad asked him who was in charge and why didn't they plan? He responded by saying "I don't know, I just got here"

Will Currie say that when his first paycheck arrives? Who is in charge of fan day? I asked everybody wearing official UT Athletics staff badges and/or clothing who was in charge and everyone passed the buck.

When I asked how UT can be the only ones in 100 mile radius that didn't know it was calling for rain all week? They just responded "it's the best we can do"

Do you think they would understand that when it's time to donate for season tickets? "$20 is the best I can do"

To top it off, they started late, ended early. Players were on the field warming up while we were supposed to be getting signatures.

Oh yeah, it was sunny with no rain during the signing period.

For all the smart a$$3$ that don't attend or spend time, money and energy trying to support our Vols "let me educate you a little bit"

They didn't have a plan for the rain. I only had about 75 to 100 people in front of me and didn't make even ONE table. I was in line by 715 am. They turned us away and said "nothing we can do, so might as well find a seat"

Every fan that waited with a poncho knew it might rain. However UT made no attempt at a contingency plan. Our new AD was in the stadium. My dad asked him who was in charge and why didn't they plan? He responded by saying "I don't know, I just got here"

Will Currie say that when his first paycheck arrives? Who is in charge of fan day? I asked everybody wearing official UT Athletics staff badges and/or clothing who was in charge and everyone passed the buck.

When I asked how UT can be the only ones in 100 mile radius that didn't know it was calling for rain all week? They just responded "it's the best we can do"

Do you think they would understand that when it's time to donate for season tickets? "$20 is the best I can do"

To top it off, they started late, ended early. Players were on the field warming up while we were supposed to be getting signatures.

I can't speak for the autographs and fan experience but as for actual play time that's dictated by the networks. The weather that rolled in was out of everyone's control.

Last edited:
I can't speak for the autographs and fan experience but as for actual play time that's dictated by the networks. The weather that rolled in was out of everyone's control.

I acknowledged the tstorm was out of their control in my original post. And no, spring games used to not even be televised. Go watch the 2015 SG and it didn't even show the first 10 minutes of the game or the drills. So saying game time is controlled by networks is not factual.

This is Curries 1st experience at a SEC Program as the AD.

Do they have Fan Day and a Caravan in Kansas?

Butch should have spoke up and said, "There's a problem "yo I'll solve it."".

Deerpark and LWS must be on Vacation, they blew it too.

Honestly, I don't know who blew it, but it sounds like every year I've ever been. Except for calling off the 2nd half, that's new, but the radar showed a Big Orange Storm coming.

How bout QD 10/10. Is that a record?

They should of changed the time and forgot about the SEC Newtork exposure and money. Don't be another @$$ (bluefont)

This is Curries 1st experience at a SEC Program as the AD.

Do they have Fan Day and a Caravan in Kansas?

Butch should have spoke up and said, "There's a problem "yo I'll solve it."".

Deerpark and LWS must be on Vacation, they blew it too.

Honestly, I don't know who blew it, but it sounds like every year I've ever been. Except for calling off the 2nd half, that's new, but the radar showed a Big Orange Storm coming.

How bout QD 10/10. Is that a record?

K State has their own Version of the BOC.

I acknowledged the tstorm was out of their control in my original post. And no, spring games used to not even be televised. Go watch the 2015 SG and it didn't even show the first 10 minutes of the game or the drills. So saying game time is controlled by networks is not factual.

It's my understandings the O&W game is like a 2 hour practice. With a beginning and end dictated by a stop watch rather than a game clock.

The crowd looked small enough to move the party to the indoor facility or even to TB or more meet and greet.

10/10 is a good stat.

Some folks just want to complain.

Weather can be unpredictable - I remember a few years back it was almost a 100% chance of rain predicted all week but it never rained and was actually sunny at one point.

This is East Tennessee - if you don't like then weather right now - wait a few minutes and it will probably change.

I'm really not trying to be smart or insulting, but your frustration centers around not getting an autograph after being there at 7:15 this morning and then the game ending early due to the weather? Is that right?

VN Store

Back