Fulmer: "I'm going to be around"

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
"I was just trying to help my university,'' Fulmer said Friday. "That's what I'm always going to try to do.''

"Currie has got a hard job and a lot to do,'' Fulmer said. "Being a head coach or an athletic director, those are hard jobs. He's got a lot to prove.''

"Right now, everybody's just getting adjusted,'' Fulmer said. "Butch (Jones) knows anytime he wants to talk about things, I'll always try to be helpful. "It's my university, too, and I'm going to be around and be involved.''

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...4/21/phillip-fulmer-m-going-around/100727184/

Reactions: 34 people
I'll definitely give Phil this..
While he received more than fair compensation for services, he always goes above and beyond with his loyalty.
I read post after post of nothing but constant whining because UT didn't pull off their preferred hire, meanwhile, one of the men most often ****** over by UT (or at least people representing them) always remains civil and even supportive.
A tip of the hat.

Not to mention, being born-bred-attending-playing for-coaching for and still representing, seems the definition of VFL.

Reactions: 21 people
Reminds me of a song! And I'll be back again and again and again! I was highway man along the coach roads I did ride, with sword a pistol by my side

Reactions: 2 people
I think I will eat at Shoney's tomorrow.

Make sure he has his lawyer there!

The guy needs to move on and become a fan of the program. He says this same loyalty stuff so much it's almost as if he's trying to fool himself that he is. That or he's trying to play on sympathy. He got 6 million to walk away. Freak sakes, walk away!

Reactions: 1 person
Make sure he has his lawyer there!

The guy needs to move on and become a fan of the program. He says this same loyalty stuff so much it's almost as if he's trying to fool himself that he is. That or he's trying to play on sympathy. He got 6 million to walk away. Freak sakes, walk away!

Nah. I think you're reading him wrong.

Reactions: 2 people
Whole bunch of other names I could come up with that I would consider having a negative effect on the University of Tennessee and VN than Phil Fulmer and Witch Doctor.

Lol, good grief.

Reactions: 5 people
Give CPF some kind of honorary recruiting title/roll where he is used in needed situations. Hey kid, I recruited Peyton Manning. What has Saban ever done??

Reactions: 1 person
The love for Fulmer the past two years is nauseating. People eat up an aww shucks smile no matter what's behind it

VN Store

Back