Kiper/McShay: Barnett to Cowboys

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
It's a little lower than I think he deserves, but the Cowboys might be a good fit. What say you?

28. Dallas Cowboys

McShay's pick: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

Mel's pick just now for KC is the biggest reach in the four years we've been doing this mock. Let's get back on track with an absolute steal: Barnett is an elite pass-rusher and a perfect fit for Dallas' 4-3 scheme.

Fwiw, they have Miles Garrett at No. 1 and Charles Harris at No. 21

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/i...hay-three-round-head-head-2017-nfl-mock-draft

Reactions: 4 people
This is the best draft I've ever seen at a number of positions. The pass rushers are just incredible. I would be unhappy seeing Barnett in Dallas but it's obviously a good fit.

Takk
Watt
Bowser
Rivers
Harris

All guys DEs who could/should be there when Dallas picks that have all-pro potential. 3-4/4-3 doesn't matter much, but Barnett is probably the best prospect they could hope for in their base and specialty packages. The top half of round 2 could be better than the 2nd half of round 1, can't wait for the draft.

I grew up a Cowboys fan, but, to me, they haven't really been the Cowboys since Jerry Jones started all his meddling. He started off well, imo, with Jimmy Johnson, but when his ego blew up, he chased me away as a fan. I long for the day he's out of football.

Reactions: 3 people
Barnett is probably the best player in the draft, he's certainly top 5. If he falls to Washington and we don't take him Dan Snyder will be the recipient of some very unfriendly email, maybe even a handwritten letter, I don't know, I don't know if there will be enough time.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he'd be a good fit there. After all of the craze of having a pass rusher/DE in recent drafts, I think it'll be a steal for the Cowboys to land him at that spot. PAss rushers go like candy so I'll be surprised if he makes it that far.

Would help me help with the fact that football idiot Jerry Jones still owns/runs my team since childhood..

If it happens....

I'll freak the hell out if this happens. Only way it could be better is if he ends up with the Titans.

and she says he wears Cowboys clothing all the time. He would be a perfect fit in Dallas.

Barnett is probably the best player in the draft, he's certainly top 5. If he falls to Washington and we don't take him Dan Snyder will be the recipient of some very unfriendly email, maybe even a handwritten letter, I don't know, I don't know if there will be enough time.

Please god no, not the Redskins, where careers go to die.

Reactions: 3 people
I would be seriously shocked if Barnett falls to 28th. Ravens pick at 16 and they are in some serious need of a pass rusher. Suggs is on his last season or two and we need some new blood. I don't see them passing up Barnett if he makes it to 16. I will be surprised if he makes it to 16. But the draft can be surprising sometimes.

Please god no, not the Redskins, where careers go to die.

Thanks to Dan Snyder, the Redskins have screwed the pooch every year. What a terrible owner. But I would have to say that the Cleveland Browns is where careers go to die. I think they have had 278 QB's in the last 10 years. Of course, the Deadskins aren't too far behind. I never want any of my Vols to go to either of those teams.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back