Alvin Kamara had the highest Wonderlic score among the top RBs

Dobbs 4 Heisman

Always thought Alvin was a smart kid so this doesn't surprise me.

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/leonard-fournette-wonderlic-nfl-draft

According to The Journal Sentinel’s Bob McGinn, Fournette scored an 11 out of 50 on the Wonderlic test at the NFL Combine. A score of 20 is considered “average” intelligence, and the average score for running backs in 16.

Florida State RB Dalvin Cook also scored an 11, and Oklahoma’s Joe Mixon scored a 12. Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey recorded a 21, while Tennessee RB Alvin Kamara scored a 24.

I've been saying for a while now that Alvin Kamara is the next Marshall Faulk. And Marshall was known for his incredible football intelligence. Kurt Warner said that Marshall Faulk would read coverages like a QB and tell him what the defense was doing. This just goes to show Alvin has the potential to be an intelligent football player like Marshall Faulk. Whoever gets him in this draft will get a huge steal.

Reactions: 20 people

I've been saying for a while now that Alvin Kamara is the next Marshall Faulk. And Marshall was known for his incredible football intelligence. Kurt Warner said that Marshall Faulk would read coverages like a QB and tell him what the defense was doing. This just goes to show Alvin has the potential to be an intelligent football player like Marshall Faulk. Whoever gets him in this draft will get a huge steal.

Too bad their isn't a Wonderlic test for predicting football skills! You would ace it!!

Reactions: 10 people
How many MLBs can you realistically take on head to head since age 5 before you're lost in a fog?

I think it has more to do with how well you take on those MLB's, and your teacher looking the other way when you fail to study, turn in homework, or go to class.

Reactions: 2 people
Its true that a wonderlic score is not dispositive for NFL success but if talent is relatively equal, I'll always take the guy who is more intelligent.

It's also position dependent too. I would say intelligence is required more at QB than RB. Many of the QBs that have awful Wonderlic scores (Jeff George, Chris Leak, Vince Young, and Paxton Lynch) have been big time NFL flops. If you can barely read a book, it would be hard to read a defense as well in the NFL.

Reactions: 2 people

So with all this talent and Louis Riddock saying the other day on Mike and Mike that Josh Dobbs received horrible coaching while at UT what does that say about CBJ?

It's also position dependent too. I would say intelligence is required more at QB than RB. Many of the QBs that have awful Wonderlic scores (Jeff George, Chris Leak, Vince Young, and Paxton Lynch) have been big time NFL flops. If you can barely read a book, it would be hard to read a defense as well in the NFL.

It's a tad early to call Paxton Lynch a flop.

Reactions: 4 people
am i wrong for wanting to know how 24/50 is "good"? is that a literal 24/50 or some weighted score or something?

Perhaps not a great predicater of failure or success.

AJ Green 10
Patrick Peterson 9
Kelvin Benjamin 7
Frank Gore 6

Its true that a wonderlic score is not dispositive for NFL success but if talent is relatively equal, I'll always take the guy who is more intelligent.
Some coaches would rather have the guy who doesn't ask questions, especially for position like RB. Take ball. Run. Hold ball.

So with all this talent and Louis Riddock saying the other day on Mike and Mike that Josh Dobbs received horrible coaching while at UT what does that say about CBJ?

It says he better win the East this year or he'll be fired.

Can you imagine the heat he will be under if Josh Dobbs and Alvin Kamara go into the NFL next year and have Dak Prescott/Ezekiel Elliott type success?

Jalen Hurd might do well, but its more likely that he'll walk out before his test is finished.

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back