Vols "building a bully" on offensive line

giphy.gif

Reactions: 31 people
Pretty typical.... Anytime there's a new coach there's talk of a new and better mentality and improvement. I will have to see it to believe it.

Reactions: 12 people
Pretty typical.... Anytime there's a new coach there's talk of a new and better mentality and improvement. I will have to see it to believe it.

This.

I hope Wells knows what he's doing, and that he's just been overlooked for a P5 position before now, but I think it would take even the best Oline coach more than spring camp to repair the damage that Don Mahoney did to that group.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
We can only hope . . . anything will be an improvement over the last few years!! Worley got hammered every play and Dobbs, thank God had great wheels, escaped most times but got slobber knocked on too many plays.

It's time the big uglies get to be big nasties!! :devilsmoke:

Reactions: 2 people
Good if it happens.tired of this getting pushed around BS.time for real football Nancy..

Doubtful. Butch's MO is not smash mouth football.

CBJ's whole offensive philosophy is based on smash mouth football. Poor recruiting of olinemen by Dooley and 4 oline misses by Butch and staff have hampered our offense, but we have had a strong running game the past two years and it should only improve in 2017.

For more on CBJ's offense, you should read:

https://thefootballconcepts.com/

and pick up:

https://www.amazon.com/Fast-Furious...swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1459343175&sr=1-1

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
The staff should "misplace" Trey's headphones before each game and put them on the other teams bench by where their D-line sits. That'll do it.

Reactions: 21 people

Actually, I don remember that at all when Mahoney arrived with Butch. In fact, I'd say the majority were pretty unhappy that Pittman was not retained. In fact, I think it speaks to the problems over Butch's tenure which has been inundated with poor Oline play. Even when he inherited a line loaded with NFL starters, they weren't that impressive.
Butch made poor hires, Mahoney being a disaster. Hiring Wells is a huge gamble, and if doesn't pay off will cost him his job.

Reactions: 1 person
I think all of the hires Butch made this season will clearly transition on the field and we will be left scratching our head on why these coaching decisions didn't happen 2 years ago.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back