Speedy Latrell Williams 'coming along' for Vols

kamoshika

6_5213968.jpg

Beard smiled when asked by GoVols247 whether Williams was one of the fastest players on the field this spring. “Oh, yes,” Beard said. “But the one thing he’s learning is how to control that speed. A lot of times, fast guys, they try to do everything fast. But they’re out of control, ultimately. So he’s learning how to control his speed and keep his toes under his shoulders. He’s coming along really good.”

Tennessee’s coaches were thrilled to sign Williams — who’d initially committed to Miami before flipping to the Vols late in the process — and thought the nation’s No. 716 overall prospect and No. 111 wide receiver prospect in the 2016 industry-generated 247Sports Composite could prove to be a recruiting steal.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Article/Tennessee-Vols-make-in-state-stops-to-open-spring-evaluation-per-52348146

Reactions: 5 people
Very nice. Can't wait to see him in action this season. We need a speedster at the WR position. Gassing Cornerbacks, getting girls, and scoring touchdowns.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah put him and Byrd on the field together and the CBs will have to hustle or spot them 10 yards to keep them in front.

Latrell will be a very good one. He has had a few drops in practice but I believe a lot of that is timing issues that need worked out...especially after we have a solid #1 QB established.

well, you have to love this young man.
possibly the fastest man in the SEC.
quick as a hiccup.

Watched practice vids a week or so ago. He is noticeably fast. I hope he can play because I would love to see him break onto the scene in a big way this year. Between he and Byrd, we should have plenty of deep threat speed. JJ will demand defenses play it honestly, or possibly even focus on him.
Last years WR haul is looking better than the #s indicated IMO. Good looking group.

Reactions: 3 people
LW looked good in the O&WG, but CBJ did not seem approving of him when he presented an award. Did not smile at him, or shake his hand, or pat his shoulder, or even freaking look at him.

LW looked good in the O&WG, but CBJ did not seem approving of him when he presented an award. Did not smile at him, or shake his hand, or pat his shoulder, or even freaking look at him.

Didn't really do it with any of them honestly.

Reactions: 1 person

Maybe Butch is Sabaning up. Can't do that with a roster filled with scrubs and second rate assistants, but now? Coach needs to lead the staff and players to a consistently higher level on the field. That might be happening. They looked like they had it together from the bottom up and capable at the top. jmho

Agreed. It seems early on in the award ceremony that the announcer got a little bit ahead of Butch and the players. So the process became a little more rushed.

And maybe it had something to do with a lightning storm coming in, and they were trying to finish up.

I noticed this too. My immediate thought was that he had been informed there was some pretty nasty weather close by and wanted to wrap things up. The whole ceremony seemed rushed.

Very nice. Can't wait to see him in action this season. We need a speedster at the WR position. Gassing Cornerbacks, getting girls, and scoring touchdowns.

None of our football players need to do what is in bold till after the season!! The rest is allowable

VN Store

Back