Mercedes-Benz Stadium issues - UPDATE

BigOrangeMojo

The Member in Miss December
The scheduled opening date of Mercedes Benz Stadium has been pushed back again to late August. The Vols play GA Tech the first week of September at MB Stadium so there is no more wiggle room.

I'm assuming that the GA Dome would be the contingency plan if they can't shut Megatron's Butthole before September. Does anyone know if that's the case or is it Bobby Dodd?

http://www.ajc.com/sports/football/mercedes-benz-stadium-opening-pushed-back-again/wLnfyURmUXYvGcj6iaROMM/

Construction issues have delayed the opening of Mercedes-Benz Stadium for a third time.

Steve Cannon, CEO of Atlanta Falcons parent company AMB Group, said Tuesday that the opening will be pushed back from July 30, when an Atlanta United soccer match was to have been played in the new stadium, to Aug. 26, when a Falcons pre-season game is scheduled to be played there.

Cannon also confirmed that “decommissioning” and demolition of the Georgia Dome have been put on hold “until we are 100 percent certain of achieving our certificate of occupancy.”

Last edited:
The scheduled opening date of Mercedes Benz Stadium (a.k.a. Megatron's Butthole) has been pushed back again to late August. The Vols play GA Tech the first week of September at MB Stadium so there is no more wiggle room.

I'm assuming that the GA Dome would be the contingency plan if they can't shut Megatron's Butthole before September. Does anyone know if that's the case or is it Bobby Dodd?

http://www.ajc.com/sports/football/mercedes-benz-stadium-opening-pushed-back-again/wLnfyURmUXYvGcj6iaROMM/

Construction issues have delayed the opening of Mercedes-Benz Stadium for a third time.

Steve Cannon, CEO of Atlanta Falcons parent company AMB Group, said Tuesday that the opening will be pushed back from July 30, when an Atlanta United soccer match was to have been played in the new stadium, to Aug. 26, when a Falcons pre-season game is scheduled to be played there.

Cannon also confirmed that “decommissioning” and demolition of the Georgia Dome have been put on hold “until we are 100 percent certain of achieving our certificate of occupancy.”

If they aren't decommissioning the Dome until they receive the all clear on the new stadium, I assume they'd play at the Dome. Bobby Dodd should be a no-go since it really would be a Tech home game at that point.

If they aren't decommissioning the Dome until they receive the all clear on the new stadium, I assume they'd play at the Dome. Bobby Dodd should be a no-go since it really would be a Tech home game at that point.

Its Bobby Dodd Stadium. It would still be a Vol home game.

I was just guessing as to why the previous poster said he would rather play at Bobby Dodd. The record maybe off a little but The Curse of the Georgia Dome is a thing. Carry on

I was just guessing as to why the previous poster said he would rather play at Bobby Dodd. The record maybe off a little but The Curse of the Georgia Dome is a thing. Carry on

Yeah - but 2017 Georgia Tech isn't 2007 LSU, 2004 Auburn, or even 2009 Virginia Tech.

We are bad there because we usually play good teams there and are an underdog.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's play the game in Athens. That will totally confuse Bulldog fans on who to root for!

Things turned out pretty good last time we played there too!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back