Dobbs - Gruden QB Camp Video

this shows that our qb was smarter than our offensive coordinator

Scoring offense was ranked 23rd in the country. Scoring defense was 68th.

Our offense, including the coordinator, was not the real problem last year. I know it is hard for the casual fan, but pay attention to the other side of the ball sometime. That was where the real problems existed. And they were real problems.

Reactions: 2 people
It was cool when Gruden said "we" then said "the Vols".

Yes and no...Kids these days don't really know or care that Gruden was a grad assistant or that his wife was a cheerleader at UT.

Hell, most kids don't realize he was ever a coach.

Yes and no...Kids these days don't really know or care that Gruden was a grad assistant or that his wife was a cheerleader at UT.

Hell, most kids don't realize he was ever a coach.

they know who he is. may not know why they know who he is or what he's done, but i'd find it difficult to believe there's not a HS player in the last decade that hasn't heard of John Gruden.

and that it may be new information he has ties TN, ok, that's fine, but it's still pretty cool when he references it, as he did there with the "we", and changed it mid stream....to the volunteers.

i'll take all the ambassadors we can get.:thumbsup:

Scoring offense was ranked 23rd in the country. Scoring defense was 68th.

Our offense, including the coordinator, was not the real problem last year. I know it is hard for the casual fan, but pay attention to the other side of the ball sometime. That was where the real problems existed. And they were real problems.

Offensive success was all Dobbs and Kamara. The coaching was terrible.

I actually thought Shoop did a better job coaching the defense last year. He just didn't have the bodies by the end of the year. But in the first few weeks his adjustments after halftime were magic.

Reactions: 1 person

I actually thought Shoop did a better job coaching the defense last year. He just didn't have the bodies by the end of the year. But in the first few weeks his adjustments after halftime were magic.

Kamara didn't even play that much until the second half of the season. Another laughable post, but no surprise.

I love your approach. When things don't go well, it is all on the coaching. But, when things do go well, it is all on the players. Typical.

But you can't have it both ways.

Debord actually was pretty solid last season. And, you can make excuses for the defense all you want, and some are valid, but it still doesn't change the fact that it was the problem.

Last edited:

What did Shoop do that impressed you? Shoop had a very tough first year. He had no creativity when it came to stopping anyone or anything. Atrocious teams hold down better teams while we gave up long drives to a true freshman at SC after a bye and what we gave up to TXAM, Missouri and Vandy was nearly impossible. I think people make up their mind. Debord shredded Chavis.

We had a lot of dropped passes and very little from the TE/Oline. Appy state just obliterated our Oline, debord found ways to adjust to the substantial weaknesses on offense, Shoop couldn't do anything with the defense. The defense wouldn't have been worse in several games if Shoop didn't show up. He's been a great coach, I love all who have some William & Mary blood in their system, but he struggled in year one.

I seriously think Dobbs does well in the pros. And if he does, there will be no one on this planet that deserves it more. I hope he goes to a team that has some pieces around him and maybe an aging QB like Big Ben so he can sit for a year. If he gets in the right scenario like Dak did I think he will do big things.

What did Shoop do that impressed you? Shoop had a very tough first year. He had no creativity when it came to stopping anyone or anything. Atrocious teams hold down better teams while we gave up long drives to a true freshman at SC after a bye and what we gave up to TXAM, Missouri and Vandy was nearly impossible. I think people make up their mind. Debord shredded Chavis.

We had a lot of dropped passes and very little from the TE/Oline. Appy state just obliterated our Oline, debord found ways to adjust to the substantial weaknesses on offense, Shoop couldn't do anything with the defense. The defense wouldn't have been worse in several games if Shoop didn't show up. He's been a great coach, I love all who have some William & Mary blood in their system, but he struggled in year one.

Last year's offense was one of the all-time most productive in UT history, but "the coaching was terrible." It is funny how that is the flavor of the moment.

For those with their eyes focused on reality, let's hope that Shoop gets his groove back. As you pointed out, it looked like he had no answers last season.

QD looked pretty good yesterday. I'm excited for the future just not excited with having Butch as our "caregiver"

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back