Sherion Jones

Dr Dread

It seems at this point, the best he can expect at the QB position is 3rd on the depth chart. If this is the case, why isn't he being moved to receiver where he can put his athletic ability on display and add much needed depth?

Reactions: 2 people
If he's moved, he'll move somewhere he can play QB. JMO.

Reactions: 3 people
Couple years ago, we badly needed our 3rd string qb to play. Jones is a quarterback, needs to play quarterback imo.

Also, we have no idea how athletic he is, haven't seen him do anything. What if he's a 4.8 guy with poor hands? Who knows if he could even play WR?

This question is quintessential message board fodder imo.

Reactions: 6 people
Don't see him transferring either. Transferred last year and was back within 2 weeks. He really does bleed orange and i respect the heck out of him for that. Wish he was here in the worley years. He would have definitely had a shot.

Reactions: 15 people
Hes black so hes obviously a good athlete and can play anywhere on the field, right op?

Im so sick of ignorant fans calling for position changes. Its getting a bit ridiculous now.

Reactions: 27 people
After the number of injuries we had last season, no 3rd stringer should feel like he'll never play. I hope Sheriron will be patient. He is an important part of the team whether he is on the field or on the sideline.

It seems at this point, the best he can expect at the QB position is 3rd on the depth chart. If this is the case, why isn't he being moved to receiver where he can put his athletic ability on display and add much needed depth?

CJ Leak acted on this same advice years ago when he got buried 3rd on the chart behind 2 true FR. So he wisely (angrily?) moved over to be buried on the LB depth chart never to be heard from again.
After both QBs went down that season, we had to go on with the 4th QB down the stretch, in the SECCG, then in the big bowl win. I always wondered what eas going through CJs mind while he watched from the sidelines.

Moral of the story: The grass ain't always greener.

What have we ever seen to even slightly make SJ look like a viable option at WR? On one hand, I guess it's kind of flattering, but come on....

Reactions: 4 people
Remember, Only reason Dobbs became starter was 3 QB's got injured!!

Stuff happens, need backups!!

Reactions: 6 people
I can't wait to see what he brings to the table. I've always been a fan. I watched him during warm ups two years ago against UGA and out of all the QB he was the most impressive to me as far as threading the needle and hitting his WRs.

His passion and fire is also contagious to the team. I'm really glad to have him as part of the team.

Reactions: 7 people
Don't see him transferring either. Transferred last year and was back within 2 weeks. He really does bleed orange and i respect the heck out of him for that. Wish he was here in the worley years. He would have definitely had a shot.

Isn't he only a RS sophomore? Anything can happen in 3 years.

Reactions: 2 people

You need 3 qbs

Hes black so hes obviously a good athlete and can play anywhere on the field, right op?

Im so sick of ignorant fans calling for position changes. Its getting a bit ridiculous now.

Has much more to do with the open field running ability he showed in highlights than the color of his skin.

Some who chose to leave race out of this made some valid points about the importance of a 3rd string QB, but I also remember the impact that J. Banks was able to have on a thin receiving core until he was needed back at QB.

Has much more to do with the open field running ability he showed in highlights than the color of his skin.

Some who chose to leave race out of this made some valid points about the importance of a 3rd string QB, but I also remember the impact that J. Banks was able to have on a thin receiving core until he was needed back at QB.

Then you'll remember that Banks never went BACK to QB.

First paragraph....it's actually a compliment. At least they give him the benefit of the doubt regarding his athletic ability. If he's white and very talented he's "surprisingly fast" or "sneaky athletic".

Second paragraph....completely agree. SJ is a qb. Only thing that annoys me more than posters wanting knee jerk position changes is the "why can't 'player x' just play both ways?" Ugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

From what I have seen lately, he is forth string now. The kid from Texas [ McBride] is taking to 3rd reps and he is taking to 4th. maybe he loves Tennessee and whats to be a coach in the future.

VN Store

Back