Eric Lewis hired as Defensive Quality Control Assistant

No.... No... NO...:thud:

Seriously? Why? The guy has a solid track record.

In his first season with Georgia State, Lewis’ unit set school records for interceptions (15) and pass breakups (57). Tennessee’s defensive backfield recorded only 11 interceptions last season. In 2009, the Eastern Michigan defense coached by Lewis led the nation in passing defense.

Reactions: 6 people
"In his first season with Georgia State, Lewis’ unit set school records for interceptions (15) and pass breakups (57). In 2009, the Eastern Michigan defense coached by Lewis led the nation in passing defense."

If this is true then Welcome! Get out there and help CCW turn that secondary around !

Reactions: 2 people
Reactions: 14 people
what does a member of the quality control staff do? are they coaching?

They can't hands on coach players, but they would be in the film room, help breakdown film, prepare scouting reports and take a lot of work load of coordinators and position coaches. They might help develop practice drills and game plans. This is where Bama has made hay.

Reactions: 3 people
We are finally starting to do what bama does, how quality control coaches at almost every position. Good move, it's worked well for them. I am glad to see it, but I am sure someone will try to find a negative in it all. GBO!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
We are finally starting to do what bama does, how quality control coaches at almost every position. Good move, it's worked well for them. I am glad to see it, but I am sure someone will try to find a negative in it all. GBO!!!!
I learned something recently about staff analysts. Although they can't coach players during games or regular practices, they can work with the players during voluntary summer workouts -- which is something the regular coaches cannot do. It's huge.

Reactions: 9 people
Quality coaches/teachers are always welcome as long as they play well with each other and deliver the same consistent message.

I learned something recently about staff analysts. Although they can't coach players during games or regular practices, they can work with the players during voluntary summer workouts -- which is something the regular coaches cannot do. It's huge.

And that explains why they are being hired.

I could understand if he were hired in a more prominent role, but as a quality control assistant, I think it's a excellent hire. Considering how awful our DB play was last year, we need all of the extra help we can get.

Our DB's need to be told to turn their heads around, after they've turned their backs to the QB, every single day, from now, until the Georgia Tech game! Hopefully it will be Instinct by then!

Our DB's need to be told to turn their heads around, after they've turned their backs to the QB, every single day, from now, until the Georgia Tech game! Hopefully it will be Instinct by then!

I think we've covered this many many times and I also think that this may be the reason we hired a new DB coach. Let's let him work before continuing the old rants.......

Reactions: 4 people
The Vols have had a maligned defensive secondary for far too long, even looking pathetic at times.

If Eric Lewis can help teach the secondary to turn their heads it will be considered a major coup

Go Vols

The Vols have had a maligned defensive secondary for far too long, even looking pathetic at times.

If Eric Lewis can help teach the secondary to turn their heads it will be considered a major coup

Go Vols
I can't remember the last time I felt good about our entire secondary (or even 3/5 spots) as a Vols fan other than preseason 2016

He fits right in with the theme of this staff: experience. He's been a coordinator and has coached in the NFL. Sounds like a solid choice.

I totally agree with this my friend.

I would also add that having another NFL coach on our staff just might get more attention from top recruits and help bring in more top recruits.

This could also be buTch having people on staff to instantly replace a coach next offseason if they get hired away or they failed to do a good enough job this year.

May be buTch following the 6 P rule...

Prior
Planning
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance

I like this addition to our staff.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I totally agree with this my friend.

I would also add that having another NFL coach on our staff just might get more attention from top recruits and help bring in more top recruits.

This could also be buTch having people on staff to instantly replace a coach next offseason if they get hired away or they failed to do a good enough job this year.

May be buTch following the 6 P rule...

Prior
Planning
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance

I like this addition to our staff.

VFL...GBO!!!

HaHa. I always hear the 7 Ps

Proper
Prior