Josh Malone feels underrated

Fingers

Good article on cbsradio.

“I do feel underrated, just because every time I step on the field, I feel like I’m one of the best wide receivers in the nation,” Malone said on CBS Sports Radio’s The DA Show. “It’s not a bad thing, flying under the radar. But personally, I do feel underrated. I feel like a lot of things on film can put me as one of the top wide receivers in the nation.”

“I’m going to come and play and compete,” he said. “I’m not a loud guy. I’m not going to talk a lot. I’m just going to come in, get my job done and handle my business and get off the field and just continue to just fly under the radar and stay low-key.”

“I feel like I’m very versatile and I can play a lot of positions and do different things,” he said. “I like to be a very balanced wide receiver. I can go inside or outside. . . . I can’t get pigeonholed into just being able to do one thing. And so, just being versatile and doing different things and (working) on different techniques and (being) able to run different routes is just a huge benefit for my game.”

http://da.radio.cbssports.com/2017/03/23/josh-malone-i-feel-like-im-the-best-wr-in-the-nation/

Reactions: 9 people
well, he is underrated. He is one of the best young receivers I've seen in years. he also left college too early, so there you go. Decisions.

Reactions: 16 people
Sounds like Jerry Rice to me. :-D

If he puts in Jerry Rice kind of dedication, he'll become a good one. Lots of physical tools, good character, durable, and a history at UT of improving and producing more each year. Somewhat off the radar due to our run oriented short pass scheme and the end result of horrific OL play in yr 1&2. I would snatch Malone in a late round all day.

Wish he had stayed for his own good generally. Normally, it's good to take the leap upon QB change. But, in Josh's case, he and JJ would have been featured on O and possibly get a more downfield oriented offense w a better passer.

Reactions: 4 people
Sounds like Jerry Rice to me. :-D

If he puts in Jerry Rice kind of dedication, he'll become a good one. Lots of physical tools, good character, durable, and a history at UT of improving and producing more each year. Somewhat off the radar due to our run oriented short pass scheme and the end result of horrific OL play in yr 1&2. I would snatch Malone in a late round all day.

Wish he had stayed for his own good generally. Normally, it's good to take the leap upon QB change. But, in Josh's case, he and JJ would have been featured on O and possibly get a more downfield oriented offense w a better passer.

Most of the reason why he's not projected to be a Day 1 or Day 2 pick is due to his coaching the past 3 years. If you read the scouting reports on him, most of his weaknesses are related to bad coaching (i.e footwork, route running, creating separation, etc.). I wonder if CZA had left for the Bears in December if Malone would have been back.

Reactions: 1 person
Look at Malone's measurable and his speed and it certainly is impressive.

He is faster than Williams and similar size.

Malone is underrated maybe on measurables......but certainly not on what he has done on film. He hasn't played bad in his 3 years at UT. But certainly not outstanding either.

Reactions: 2 people
ALL those dropped passes are noticed by NFL gurus. Josh is talented, but he will have to prove himself at the next level.

Reactions: 3 people
Wish he would have stayed. With our outstanding qb's, I think he could have put up some tremendous stats and improved his fundamentals at the same time with one more year.

He is a good WR with the potential of being great. I'm curious to see how well he handles press coverage in the Pros

I really like Josh's skill set but he plays a little timid. He plays smaller than his size and that's the reason he's not going to go in the 1st Rd imo.

I really like Josh's skill set but he plays a little timid. He plays smaller than his size and that's the reason he's not going to go in the 1st Rd imo.
1st round?!

4.4 speed. Good for this class. Par for the rest of the NFL.

Height 6'2. Good, not great.

Stats were good for a JR year but not eye popping. Generally speaking, tied for 10th overall in Tennessee yards in a season.

Stats came against generally weaker defenses.

Outside the Nebraska game, He never took over a game.

Jujan Jennings looked tougher and grittier to Malones finesse and speed.

Leaving early because you are worried about your Sr year stats with a new QB? Red Flag IMO. Why can't you make it work? You basically told the NFL you thought your mid to late round projection was the best you could do.

Sorry, but I'm not really buying how great Malone was. He's somewhere between a rich mans Marquez North and a poor mans Robert Meachem.

Reactions: 6 people
well, he is underrated. He is one of the best young receivers I've seen in years. he also left college too early, so there you go. Decisions.

I really like Malone but I honestly dont see how you can say he is one of the best guys you have seen in years. What makes you thinks this? He has good speed, but there have been guys that are faster. His hands are good but not elite. Same with his route running.

Malone is good but would you really rank him in the top 10-15 WRs that has come out of college in the past say 5 years?

Reactions: 3 people
He is a good WR with the potential of being great. I'm curious to see how well he handles press coverage in the Pros

Totally agree with this. Malone doesn't possess a skill set that separates him from the pack. But I think if he works hard in the NFL and gets with a good QB, he could be a great WR.

Wish him the best. Also would have liked to see him have a dominant year here before he left. He could have been one of the top WRs in college next year. I really think that with the new QB no matter who it is, his stats would have been better next year.

If he had that dawg in him JJ does he be a top talent..I agree he always seemed to play timid,but with the rite coaching he good be really good...

VN Store

Back