Ainge on 104.5 Nashville Said he turned off Schaefer's alarm clock

coffeevol

regular old member
When discussing QB competitions, he said Fulmer had told him about Peyton locking the door on the film room so the other QB couldn't get in. Said he assumed Fulmer was saying its Kill or be Killed so that night he turned Brent Schaefers phone off and unplugged his alarm clock. Said he had a problem waking up anyways so he slept until coaches sent someone over to wake him up.

Ice Cold hahaha

Last edited:
Reactions: 24 people
I don't find this funny at all. Maybe this is why Ainge is not successful.

Ainge got a 4 year education at UT on the house...played football at UT and played for a short time in the NFL which none of us have done and not to mention he has a highly rated radio show...I'd say he's done pretty good for himself.

Reactions: 70 people
Get ready for the social media nightmare when Dormady or Guarantano try to trip up the other one.

But Peyton locking the door is fine right?

There are double standards when it comes to Peyton. My Dad now doesn't like Jeff Gordon because he mentioned in his SI article he likes a beer, but it's OK for Peyton to mention after the big game, " I can't wait to get a bud to my lips."

Reactions: 5 people
That's kind of misleading. It's well-documented that his problems with substance abuse pre-dated his time at UT.

It's not misleading at all. I didn't say or imply it started here, but it started up again here (I think he was 3+ years clean) and continued into his NFL career because he played hurt, thus "developed" is an appropriate term to use.

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds like Fulmer was encouraging the behavior. I guess competition is healthy but I'm sure a line can be crossed like with anything.

Reactions: 1 person
While I agree with the sentiment, his drug issues have nothing to do with fans. Lots of guys play hurt and don't develop them.

What?

He got hooked on pain killers because they are addictive. It actually happens A LOT to football players. Ever hear Bret Favre's story?

Reactions: 3 people
It's not misleading at all. I didn't say or imply it started here, but it started up again here (I think he was 3+ years clean) and continued into his NFL career because he played hurt, thus "developed" is an appropriate term to use.

My point is that he had a problem with substances before he took them for supposed pain management while at UT. You obviously want to emphasize his drug use during his time at UT (your "3+ years clean" claim is another attempt to do that). All I'm saying, for those who might not know, is that he had a problem before he ever stepped foot in Knoxville. He's been very honest and open about that. And people who have these issues tend to relapse. And when they do, they always have a reason to explain why it happened.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back