SEC Coach Final 4

BigOrangeMojo

The Member in Miss December
File this under "Things to think about with football season 165 days away..."

I'm going to the NCAA South Regional in Memphis this weekend. The top 4 seeds advanced and the field is loaded (UNC, UK, UCLA). That got me thinking, who would the top 4 seeded SEC football coaches of all time be:

Here's my thoughts on the potential semifinal matchups:

(1) Saban
(2) Neyland
(3) Bear
(4) Meyer - National title advantage tilts this to Meyer over Spurrier. Vince Dooley, Vaught, Jordan were all considered as well.

(1) Saban v (4) Meyer - Saban has made Meyer quit twice and gave him health issues. Saban advances

(2) Neyland v (3) Bear - Bear never beat Neyland in 7 tries and he won't here. Neyland advances

(1) Saban v (2) Neyland. Who wins? Does either team score?

Who would be in your Final 4? Elite 8?

I would seed Bear higher than Neyland, but still give the General the edge.

4th seed goes to Spurrier. I consider Meyer a B1G coach and married to Ohio State.

Reactions: 1 person
No one's beating this man.

images

Reactions: 7 people
Saban vs Neyland. Cool thought. Same exact weapons to fight with, edge Neyland. But I think Saban is unmatched when it comes to acquiring talent and would win 2 out of 3 matches having a better roster.

File this under "Things to think about with football season 165 days away..."

I'm going to the NCAA South Regional in Memphis this weekend. The top 4 seeds advanced and the field is loaded (UNC, UK, UCLA). That got me thinking, who would the top 4 seeded SEC football coaches of all time be:

Here's my thoughts on the potential semifinal matchups:

(1) Saban
(2) Neyland
(3) Bear
(4) Meyer - National title advantage tilts this to Meyer over Spurrier. Vince Dooley, Vaught, Jordan were all considered as well.

(1) Saban v (4) Meyer - Saban has made Meyer quit twice and gave him health issues. Saban advances

(2) Neyland v (3) Bear - Bear never beat Neyland in 7 tries and he won't here. Neyland advances

(1) Saban v (2) Neyland. Who wins? Does either team score?

Who would be in your Final 4? Elite 8?

How much did you pay for tickets? If you don't mind me asking. I didn't see anything under $100 per session or $200 for both sessions on all second-market sites. You should wear orange, cause it is going to be a see of blue.

I would seed Bear higher than Neyland, but still give the General the edge.

4th seed goes to Spurrier. I consider Meyer a B1G coach and married to Ohio State.

Spurrier all the way man. He did something at Florida that had not been done before. Meyer built on that and then built on the tradition at Ohio State.

Spurrier came up from taking Duke from nothing to record setting as an OC then to the ACC champion as a coach.

How much did you pay for tickets? If you don't mind me asking. I didn't see anything under $100 per session or $200 for both sessions on all second-market sites. You should wear orange, cause it is going to be a see of blue.

I bought 4 tickets before brackets were announced so I got in a little over $100 per session (decent but not great seats). I sold 2 and kept 2. Thank goodness for UK fans!

That makes up for being taken to the cleaners a few years back with the Dayton/Florida/UCLA/Stanford South Regional.

I bought 4 tickets before brackets were announced so I got in a little over $100 per session (decent but not great seats). I sold 2 and kept 2. Thank goodness for UK fans!

That makes up for being taken to the cleaners a few years back with the Dayton/Florida/UCLA/Stanford South Regional.

Nice. Thanks. I have to root for UK, because of my bracket. Should be a fun regional though. Lavar Ball in da house!

VN Store

Back