Does Butch have a higher level of trust with these new coaches?

Fingers

Yesterday Butch was quieter than normal. There was no screaming and he wasn't walking around with a mic as he normally does. Daniel Lewis said "he was as quiet as I've ever heard on the practice field."

Higher trust factor with this staff?

Maturity as a coach?

Or simply taking it all in on the first day of practice?

Maybe he's realized he's in over his head... but if he can let good coaches around him take control he will be ok. I think we have upgraded at most areas there

Reactions: 13 people
Hopefully he's evolved a little. I've never thought screaming at players was particularly effective.

Reactions: 6 people
I think its just first day !! Dude will soon get back to screaming ways on the field and 'coach speak' off it !!

Reactions: 4 people
They haven't even printed out the new charts yet. Screaming will come later.

You are chasin' a story harder than TMZ. Possibly a sore throat? More trust? Gave up? Fake news... welcome to Volnation 2017. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss (great song, just sayin'). Get likes, that drives the post.

Reactions: 6 people
Don't know but,

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" Abraham Lincoln

Reactions: 7 people
If he continues to let his coaches do their thing then this seems to fall even more in line with the Dabo timeline comparisons that were brought up awhile back. Not exactly the same, obviously, but similar and hopefully works out the same.

Reactions: 1 person
You are chasin' a story harder than TMZ. Possibly a sore throat? More trust? Gave up? Fake news... welcome to Volnation 2017. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss (great song, just sayin'). Get likes, that drives the post.

Most people have no damn clue what you are babbling about here.

Reactions: 10 people
Maybe he's realized he's in over his head... but if he can let good coaches around him take control he will be ok. I think we have upgraded at most areas there

I think it's more of that he realizes he's on the hot seat. He can't keep pulling top 5 recruiting classes without being a top contender in the SEC, as well as not winning the east. His brilliant marketing strategies aren't going to fool anyone and that's why I think the coaching cliches and statements like "champions of life" will stop. He got by winning at his former schools with his philosophy/strategy but he knows the change is needed now more than ever. I respect CBJ for everything he has done for the program because he brought us back and has us legitimate threats. With that being said, he knows he can't have mediocrity with our fan base/boosters. I applaud him for his moves in the offseason, they were good moves (at least on paper). Now is your time Butch to step up.

Reactions: 3 people
1st day, he was memorizing the new charts and thinking up new slogans. Takes immense concentration.

With the right staff the head coach shouldnt have to hollar and scream very much.

If he continues to let his coaches do their thing then this seems to fall even more in line with the Dabo timeline comparisons that were brought up awhile back. Not exactly the same, obviously, but similar and hopefully works out the same.

Do WHAT? There is no alignment with the "Dabo timeline". In his first 4 full seasons as CU HC, Swinney won the ACC twice and his division 3 times. This is after taking over for Tommy Bowden who had never won the ACC or the division... or more than 9 games in a season. There is MUCH more of a direct comparison to be made between T Bowden and CBJ. Hopefully UT won't take 10 years to take action.

Reactions: 2 people
I think it's more of that he realizes he's on the hot seat. He can't keep pulling top 5 recruiting classes without being a top contender in the SEC, as well as not winning the east. His brilliant marketing strategies aren't going to fool anyone and that's why I think the coaching cliches and statements like "champions of life" will stop. He got by winning at his former schools with his philosophy/strategy but he knows the change is needed now more than ever. I respect CBJ for everything he has done for the program because he brought us back and has us legitimate threats. With that being said, he knows he can't have mediocrity with our fan base/boosters. I applaud him for his moves in the offseason, they were good moves (at least on paper). Now is your time Butch to step up.

Keep pulling top 5 recruiting classes? You make it sound like Butch has consistently recruited at an elite level. He hasnt.

Reactions: 2 people
Yesterday Butch was quieter than normal. There was no screaming and he wasn't walking around with a mic as he normally does. Daniel Lewis said "he was as quiet as I've ever heard on the practice field."

Higher trust factor with this staff?

Maturity as a coach?

Or simply taking it all in on the first day of practice?

His butt is on the line, he knows he can't do it, smart thing is to hand it to others.

Come on Cat. Really? I know you post for likes bit you know yoire wrong. Its the 1st day. He needed to get a feel forbhis staff and evaluate the new guys on the staff and obvserve how things were going. Its common sense. But with you sense aint common.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back