Vols starting QB

I'm so impressed with both Dormady and JG. Not just on the field, but the way both of them handle themselves with poise and class. Everyone has heard about how good JG is, but I'm just as excited about Dormady, who has not let any of the talk about JG get to him. He just seems more determined to improve and win the job. What more can you ask?

It's sad that only one of the two will end up with the starting job. We had such a rough stretch from 2008 to 2014 where either of these guys could've won the starting job easily. Now, we have both of them on the roster at the same time.

And let's not even forget that Sheriron Jones isn't too shabby either. We have the absolute most loaded QB depth chart in the SEC right now. I don't expect it to last, but I'll enjoy it for now.

Reactions: 12 people
I'm so impressed with both Dormady and JG. Not just on the field, but the way both of them handle themselves with poise and class. Everyone has heard about how good JG is, but I'm just as excited about Dormady, who has not let any of the talk about JG get to him. He just seems more determined to improve and win the job. What more can you ask?

It's sad that only one of the two will end up with the starting job. We had such a rough stretch from 2008 to 2014 where either of these guys could've won the starting job easily. Now, we have both of them on the roster at the same time.

And let's not even forget that Sheriron Jones isn't too shabby either. We have the absolute most loaded QB depth chart in the SEC right now. I don't expect it to last, but I'll enjoy it for now.

I am more excited about Dormady than JG....

Reactions: 1 person
2 QB System. It's made sense ever since December, right after the MCB.

That's my 2 cents.

I couldn't figure out a way to use "scents".

There's on thing you can all but guarantee with this QB comp. Butch won't name a starter until a week before the first game.

It is a shame to have to pick one over the other. I think either could become All-SEC.

If Dormady is selected, it would almost be a sure thing JG would transfer and we would probably go at least one year without a strong qb after QD graduates. I haven't heard that we have a 4* on the scene for 2018 or 2019, (NOT THAT STARS MATTER!)

It is a shame to have to pick one over the other. I think either could become All-SEC.

If Dormady is selected, it would almost be a sure thing JG would transfer and we would probably go at least one year without a strong qb after QD graduates. I haven't heard that we have a 4* on the scene for 2018 or 2019, (NOT THAT STARS MATTER!)

It's the same for Dormady if JG is selected , QD still has a red shirt year he could land with a top team and have 3 to play 2 but would sit out 2017.

Not slinging mud (ok, I am) but maybe both QB's understand our "big uglies" haven't blocked the last few years and by that account Both will be needed 😎

2 QB System. It's made sense ever since December, right after the MCB.

That's my 2 cents.

I couldn't figure out a way to use "scents".

No a 2 QB system doesnt make sense. You need 1 starting QB. Not saying you cannot let another QB play, but there needs to be a clear #1.

Reactions: 3 people
No a 2 QB system doesnt make sense. You need 1 starting QB. Not saying you cannot let another QB play, but there needs to be a clear #1.

It does if neither proves to be superior. It puts pressure on the defense to have to prepare for both.

It's not a knock on either one to say clear separation hasn't occured. Each has their strengths so to expect our OC to be able to create a game plan to highlight the strengths of each one is not asking too much.

Let's not forget we need to have a decent O line for whichever one of them ends up being the starting QB. Secondly, we must have a capable back-up; it only takes one play for #1 to be out (injured).

If both qb's are equal, would Butch start the more experienced or the one who would give you 4 years ? He has leaned toward the experience factory in the past.

If both qb's are equal, would Butch start the more experienced or the one who would give you 4 years ? He has leaned toward the experience factory in the past.

If all things are equal, common sense says the start the younger player.

Didn't Spurrier beat us one year using a dual QB system?

I do agree that that system is not good for the long term.

Not slinging mud (ok, I am) but maybe both QB's understand our "big uglies" haven't blocked the last few years and by that account Both will be needed 😎

well good thing we got a new Oline coach then.

VN Store

Back