Josh Dobbs - NFL Draft thread (merged)

I know there are ton of Dobbs haters on this site but I am not one of them. I honestly think he could play in the league if he cleaned up this throwing. He for sure is athletic enough, smart enough, and has the leadership abilities to do it.

Reactions: 12 people
I know there are ton of Dobbs haters on this site but I am not one of them. I honestly think he could play in the league if he cleaned up this throwing. He for sure is athletic enough, smart enough, and has the leadership abilities to do it.

With a good NFL QB coach, he could be a real good NFL QB imo.

Reactions: 2 people
Siap, but McShay and Mel Kiper did not have Dobbs in top 5 QB for draft. I think Kiper had Peterman at 5.

Imo, Dobbs is a top 5 with this year being down as far top QBs coming out this year.

Could not find link for that, but here is another list

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/QB

A year or 2 on some team's 4 man's practice team then move on to this thing called life doesn't have the arm to play in the NFL and he proved that while here can't hit a 15 yard out or the deep ball no chance to make it.

Reactions: 3 people
I think we all just want him to land in the best situation possible. I think with the right situation he will be a long time successful player in the League.

Reactions: 5 people
A year or 2 on some team's 4 man's practice team then move on to this thing called life doesn't have the arm to play in the NFL and he proved that while here can't hit a 15 yard out or the deep ball no chance to make it.

We did not have a real QB coach imo, certainly not top level.

Not a hater if he can't beat you with his legs he can't beat you he couldn't beat a decent defense in the SEC, when he starts trying to run in the NFL he will get hurt.

Dobbs is definitely way better than Peterman. Not even close. Peterman is a nice guy but very average even as a passer. Dobbs has the ability to change a game with his passing and running.

Reactions: 7 people
Dobbs always had horrendous accuracy problems. Dobbs is a really good guy who is one hell of a runner, but not a QB. Peterman was amazingly accurate, but never given a chance. Many on Volnation were ruthless towards Peterman. That's why there is so much silence knowing he was very successful after leaving UT. We had no offensive line, so Butch inserted a running QB to run for his life rather than establish a passing attack. Understandable, but the passing attack was substandard.

Reactions: 7 people
Dobbs is definitely way better than Peterman. Not even close. Peterman is a nice guy but very average even as a passer. Dobbs has the ability to change a game with his passing and running.

Sorry, but you, like so many others, have been proven wrong. Peterman has exceptional accuracy and ball placement skills. He beat Clemson and was the best QB at the Senior Bowl. He also stood out at the combine.

Dobbs is a great character guy who is like a deer in the open field. Unfortunately, his accuracy was always very spotty at best. Dobbs was QB because we had no O-line protection and Dobbs could make a blitzing defense pay by his running ability. The rest is mythology.

Reactions: 15 people

He looked sharp at the combine and pretty good during the senior bowl as well. His deep throws improved tremendously from his junior to senior year as well. With the right team and QB coach he could potentially be a starter one day down the road.

If running QBs with substantial accuracy problems could survive in the NFL, Dobbs would be a first rounder. As it stands now though, unless he gets a few years behind a great QB with with a great QB coach then I just don't see it happening for him.

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry, but you, like so many others, have been proven wrong. Peterman has exceptional accuracy and ball placement skills. He beat Clemson and was the best QB at the Senior Bowl. He also stood out at the combine.

Dobbs is a great character guy who is like a deer in the open field. Unfortunately, his accuracy was always very spotty at best. Dobbs was QB because we had no O-line protection and Dobbs could make a blitzing defense pay by his running ability. The rest is mythology.

Watch the game. Peterman still holds the ball FOREVER. Even if you're accurate, you have to be able to get rid of the ball.

Gruden says you, and the other two that agreed with you are fos. Dobbs stood out at the combine but you left that part out of your #altfacts, or you are just another VN liar.

Reactions: 11 people

There are no "Dobbs haters" on this site. There are some that are over the top critical of his passing accuracy to the point that they won't even acknowledge the improvement he made last season....but even those are few and far between. And even 95% of those who are critical of his play, always feel compelled to state how much they like the young man and compliment him for the outstanding, quality person and Vol representative he is.

Watch the game. Peterman still holds the ball FOREVER. Even if you're accurate, you have to be able to get rid of the ball.

Yeah, the NFL scouts disagree. Peterman is a sharpshooter with ridiculous accuracy and outstanding ball placement skills. His only criticism is he is too confident placing the ball in coverage, might get burned in NFL. Dude is a sharpshooter and always was. Volnation haters were wrong about Peterman, not the scouts.

Check out Peterman's trick shot videos. Google it. You can't fake ridiculous accuracy. Peterman also demonstrated his precision accuracy at the Senior Bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqL6jwejLS0

Last edited:
Dobbs always had horrendous accuracy problems. Dobbs is a really good guy who is one hell of a runner, but not a QB. Peterman was amazingly accurate, but never given a chance. Many on Volnation were ruthless towards Peterman. That's why there is so much silence knowing he was very successful after leaving UT. We had no offensive line, so Butch inserted a running QB to run for his life rather than establish a passing attack. Understandable, but the passing attack was substandard.

So, Peterman sucked at UT because of no Oline but, Dobbs has accuracy problems regardless of the line he played behind. Am i understanding this correctly? You don't think that given an extra second by the oline that, Dobbs wouldn't have improved his accuracy?

So, Peterman sucked at UT because of no Oline but, Dobbs has accuracy problems regardless of the line he played behind. Am i understanding this correctly? You don't think that given an extra second by the oline that, Dobbs wouldn't have improved his accuracy?

No Peterman rarely played at UT. Less than 60 minutes.
Peterman is an excellent QB that UT failed to develop due to problem with the O-line. We payed a hell of a price for no downfield passing game, but Dobbs bailed us out with his feet. We never developed a serious passing attack with a runner playing QB. Our QB decided it was time to move on to a place where he could use his passing skills - and did just that.

Last edited:

So American Pig didn't work out, huh? :)

No Peterman rarely played at UT. Less than 60 minutes.
Peterman is an excellent QB that UT failed to develop due to problem with the O-line. We payed a hell of a price for no downfield passing game, but Dobbs bailed us out with his feet. We never developed a serious passing attack with a runner playing QB. Our QB decided it was time to move on to a place where he could use his passing skills - and did just that.

He moved on because Dobbs beat him out for the starting spot...

Not his first screen name...or rodeo. :) Proceed if you love merry-go-rounds.

Who is American Pig? Was he right about Peterman?

Convincing...and no. :) American Pig was proven to be a coward...a horribly wrong one at that. He was bested by KB time and time again and refused to admit it. When Peterman was proven to be inferior to Zac Jancek and fled to Pitt...American Pig drove his furniture in a rental...last we heard. :wink2:

Convincing...and no. :) American Pig was proven to be a coward...a horribly wrong one at that. He was bested by KB time and time again and refused to admit it. When Peterman was proven to be inferior to Zac Jancek and fled to Pitt...American Pig drove his furniture in a rental...last we heard. :wink2:

You didn't tell me what American Pig said. What was he wrong about?
You seem hell bent on your hatred of American Pig. Why?

Did American Pig predict that Peterman was better than Dobbs?
Do the NFL scouts believe Peterman is above Dobbs?

Why the anger Butchna?

VN Store

Back