Saftety Stephen Griffin leaving the program (and Gavin Bryant)

Hate to hear this but it's not a huge blow. Safety depth will take a mild hit but I never expected him to start.

Reactions: 5 people
Must be somehow entering the NFL supplemental draft or something, cause he's easily a first round talent, one of the best safeties in the country, hands down.

-D4H

Reactions: 39 people
With Abernathy out this spring and Griffin now gone, I fully expect Warrior to seize control of one of the safety spots.....the others can vie for the other safety spot next to him, but Warrior needs to anchor the back end of our defense....we desperately need his athletic ability back there.

Reactions: 15 people
He wasn't going to contribute much any way. At least he didn't quit in the middle of the season like a certain someone *Cough* Hurd...

Reactions: 2 people
To those of you saying this is no big deal, have you forgotten how many injuries we had last year? Depth is always important. Now, this may not be that bad but automatically assuming it wont be is very shortsigthed imo.

Reactions: 8 people
To those of you saying this is no big deal, have you forgotten how many injuries we had last year? Depth is always important. Now, this may not be that bad but automatically assuming it wont be is very shortsigthed imo.

What'd he do last year?

Reactions: 2 people
Hate to hear this but it's not a huge blow. Safety depth will take a mild hit but I never expected him to start.

Probably true.

Of course there are a lot of guys that got game reps last year that no one expected to.

I don't see it as a huge loss. More room for youth.

Reactions: 1 person
THIS is huge as he provides UPPER classmen depth......you don't want TRUE freshmen as your depth as we know Butch will make all the excuses if he has to play True freshmen

Actually it's called attrition. And, attrition that is killing depth. Did UT have depth issues last year? Yup

Yeah well, turns out we're limited to the same 85 scholarship players like every other school.
Seems the NCAA insists that we get down to that number despite your anxiety.

Reactions: 14 people
Kudos to the young man for reading through the BS. Was probably told that he had an opportunity to compete when in reality did not. Good luck to him, hope he lands somewhere he is appreciated.

VN Store

Back