Who remembers this play?

IknoxvolsI

Was thinking today.. We were playing (I think Florida) and were in punt formation deep in our territory. The DB covering the outside gunner baited the punter to throw it by coming up to the line. He did and it was a turnover. Who was the coach then?

Was thinking today.. We were playing (I think Florida) and were in punt formation deep in our territory. The DB covering the outside gunner baited the punter to throw it by coming up to the line. He did and it was a turnover. Who was the coach then?

Fulmer, and it was one of the Colquitt's (Britton, I believe). He was a FR, and Fulmer did not okay the play. Colquitt made it on his own IIRC.

Reactions: 3 people
Fulmer, and it was one of the Colquitt's (Britton, I believe). He was a FR, and Fulmer did not okay the play. Colquitt made it on his own IIRC.

As I remember it, Fulmer stated they worked on the play in practice and the punter was told to run it if he saw the alignment during the game. When FL showed the formation, Fulmer did not call it off as he thought they were too deep in our own territory to fake it. Obviously, being too deep in our own territory was a different criteria to our punter and he went with it.

as i remember it, fulmer stated they worked on the play in practice and the punter was told to run it if he saw the alignment during the game. When fl showed the formation, fulmer did not call it off as he thought they were too deep in our own territory to fake it. Obviously, being too deep in our own territory was a different criteria to our punter and he went with it.

Pepper.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Conklin

VN Store

Back