Alvin Kamara as a top 10 pick? At least one mock draft says YES.

Dobbs 4 Heisman

Mock Draft Puts Kamara In Top 10 | Rocky Top Insider

:thumbsup: Now this is what I'm talking about.

Alvin Kamara going 10th overall to the Buffalo Bills? Apparently they are in love with him and have him rated higher than Dalvin Cook. I've said for a while now Alvin is the best RB in this class and will be a superstar in the NFL. Smart move by the Bills if they take Alvin in the top 10.

Reactions: 3 people
If they did, I'd have them in the super bowl in 3 years.

It's been months and you've yet to respond to my offer:

I have a buddy from high school who works in the Titans scouting department. With your permission, I will gladly forward your player evaluations on to him.

Reactions: 6 people
Here are my top 10 prospects in the 2017 NFL Draft:

1. DE Myles Garrett (Texas A&M)
2. DL Solomon Thomas (Stanford)
3. WR Corey Davis (Western Michigan)
4. CB Cameron Sutton (Tennessee)
5. RB Alvin Kamara (Tennessee)
6. TE David Njoku (Miami)
7. QB Josh Dobbs (Tennessee)
8. CB Ahkello Witherspoon (Colorado)
9. TE Evan Engram (Ole Miss)
10. RB Joe Mixon (Oklahoma) and QB Brad Kaaya (Miami) - tie

I have Alvin Kamara rated as my 5th overall prospect, so if the Bills take him 10th overall it will be a STEAL.

I have Alvin Kamara rated as my 5th overall prospect, so if the Bills take him 10th overall it will be a STEAL.

Stop it 😂!
A steal at 10?

Joe Mixon might be the best player in the draft... but he likes hitting girls

Myles Garrett may play LB...

Alvin Kamara going 10th overall to the Buffalo Bills? Apparently they are in love with him and have him rated higher than Dalvin Cook. I've said for a while now Alvin is the best RB in this class and will be a superstar in the NFL. Smart move by the Bills if they take Alvin in the top 10.

1. This partly highlights how wrong you were for 2 years when you advocated, over and over again, for Hurd being our best back and deserving more touches than Alvin. Others of us, from the moment he stepped on campus, saw Alvin as the better, more talented player....and certainly the better fit for the offense.

2. Thought all GMs and NFL personnel were blithering idiots, like you've said over and over. Assuming these guys are now brilliant in your mind?

3. Hope the Bills do take him in the 1st round, in the top 10. That'd be great for both him and our program.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Lmao biggest troll known to mankind

Reactions: 6 people
It's been months and you've yet to respond to my offer:

I have a buddy from high school who works in the Titans scouting department. With your permission, I will gladly forward your player evaluations on to him.

If someone actually had apsirations to be a scout, how could they ever pass up on an offer like this?

Reactions: 1 person
1. This partly highlights how wrong you were for 2 years when you advocated, over and over again, for Hurd being our best back and deserving more touches than Alvin. Others of us, from the moment he stepped on campus, saw Alvin as the better, more talented player....and certainly the better fit for the offense.

2. Thought all GMs and NFL personnel were blithering idiots, like you've said over and over. Assuming these guys are now brilliant in your mind?

3. Hope the Bills do take him in the 1st round, in the top 10. That'd be great for both him and our program.

Alvin arrived on campus approximately 2 years ago. So I don't get where you say I've been saying for 2 years Jalen is better than him. I said in 2015 Jalen was better. And I stand by that.

My opinion on Alvin changed in 2016 after he transformed his body and became more explosive. Just as my opinion changed with Micah Abernathy when he changed his body for the better from his freshmen to sophomore year. Just as I changed from being a big fan of Todd Kelly Jr. in 2015 to questioning his body composition in 2016 when he got heavier and less athletic.

If a guy improves from one year to the next I'll change my opinion on him and give him his kudos like I did with Alvin vis-a-vis Hurd and like I did with Micah Abernathy as a sophomore. I will also no longer tout a player like I stopped touting Todd Kelly Jr. in 2016 after he gained all that weight and became slow.

2015 Alvin Kamara would not be a top 5 prospect. 2016 Alvin Kamara is.

Reactions: 2 people
Stop it 😂!
A steal at 10?

Joe Mixon might be the best player in the draft... but he likes hitting girls

Myles Garrett may play LB...

If the 5th ranked player on your board is available at pick #10 then that is a steal.

One isolated incident off the field will not impact Joe Mixon's ability on the football field. Tyreek Hill was one of the best rookies in 2016 and he had a similar off-field issue. That incident might impact Mixon's draft stock but it does not change my opinion of his ability.

Cleveland Browns will select Myles Garrett 1st overall and they are changing to a 4-3 defense this season. Thus, Myles Garrett will be a DE.

Alvin arrived on campus approximately 2 years ago. So I don't get where you say I've been saying for 2 years Jalen is better than him. I said in 2015 Jalen was better. And I stand by that.

My opinion on Alvin changed in 2016 after he transformed his body and became more explosive. Just as my opinion changed with Micah Abernathy when he changed his body for the better from his freshmen to sophomore year. Just as I changed from being a big fan of Todd Kelly Jr. in 2015 to questioning his body composition in 2016 when he got heavier and less athletic.

If a guy improves from one year to the next I'll change my opinion on him and give him his kudos like I did with Alvin vis-a-vis Hurd and like I did with Micah Abernathy as a sophomore. I will also no longer tout a player like I stopped touting Todd Kelly Jr. in 2016 after he gained all that weight and became slow.

2015 Alvin Kamara would not be a top 5 prospect. 2016 Alvin Kamara is.

Transformed his body? Lol. Stop trotting out that lame excuse. Alvin played at 214-215 both years looked exactly the same in 2016 as he did in 2015. Same goes for TKJr. You're just making up crap after the fact to make up for your foolishness earlier and inability to judge football talent. You got no eye for it.

And only a fool would stand behind the idea that Hurd is/was/will ever be a better football player than Kamara given their respective bodies of work at this point. Kamara's about to be a millionaire first or second round pick, while Hurd.....actually, what will Hurd be doing again??

And the only reason Alvin wasn't a first or second round prospect in 2015 is because we barely even got to see him play because of Butch's obsession with an overrated, 3 yards and a cloud of dust malcontent jumbo running back with no burst. Plenty Vol fans knew what we had in AK after he flashed in 2015....at 214 lbs.

Reactions: 1 person

I've said here to much derision that Kamara is the best RB we've had since Jamal Lewis, maybe ever.
And I'm saying it again.

I've said here to much derision that Kamara is the best RB we've had since Jamal Lewis, maybe ever.
And I'm saying it again.

Definitely not "ever" imo. As physically talented as anyone we've had since Lewis, I'd probably agree there. And obviously, just wasn't given enough opportunity to show what he could do until he was forced to be the guy. Good thing for him is that he has fresh legs going into the NFL.

AK reminds me of Charlie Garner, a little slower, but, similar. The most talented, not even close, Webb owns that title, others are also above AK, including, Cobb, Cheese, Stewart, Stephens, Garner, Lewis, and others I am forgetting.

VN Store

Back