Tennessee return to glory: 5-10 years

Fingers

Tennessee Volunteers: Last fall was supposed to be the season the Vols won the SEC East but it didn’t happen and the loss to Vanderbilt was just bad. But, as usual, Tennessee finished with a bowl win over a Big Ten team to bring promise for the next season. Can the Vols win the SEC East next season? They could. Will they be in the college football playoff anytime soon? It doesn’t look like it as long as Nick Saban is still at Alabama and not until recruiting takes a step up. Time frame: 5-10 years

Mike Farrell

In theory, that might be true for the entire league if that is the amount of years that Saban decides to remain at Alabama.

Although, most of the all time greats tend to tail off eventually as they get older.

Reactions: 3 people
I swear I'm going to go from being a single guy to a grandfather in the time it takes Tennessee to win anything that really matters again.

Reactions: 9 people
Can't wait for Florida to go through their "Dark Ages". I'd love to see them string about 10 lousy years in a row together.

Wake me when this nightmare is over.

Kiffin and Dooley were nightmares. You guys act like we are bama. Do these so called experts realize that we don't win it as often as they say we should. We've won 2 ncs in our history. Fulmer had us on top of the mountain, he competed for 1 nc and won two sec titles (and those were in back to back seasons).Cmon guys, time to settle down and realize we are Tn which is nothing to be upset about.

Reactions: 10 people
I swear I'm going to go from being a single guy to a grandfather in the time it takes Tennessee to win anything that really matters again.
until this past season, my wife and kids had never seen us beat FL. i've been married 12 years, and my kids and 10 and 7.

they've still not seen us beat Bama.

Off-season drivel by Ferrell. No one can predict what's going to happen from week to week much less in 5-10 years. I mean, would anyone in August of last year have accurately predicted that we would beat UGA and UF but lose to Muschamp and Vandy?

Reactions: 4 people
Bottom line: Articles like these would not have been written had UT won the east. At minimum the loss to USC was troubling and the loss to Vandy was inexcusable.

I want Butch to succeed and I'm still sending the university money, but I've moved from optimism to show me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
484ab61ae625160acd6e3cc71cc460e5.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
well, someone needs to tell that to Alabama.

They have. Some article by clay travis makes fun of them.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.outkickthecoverage.com/alabama-s-1941-national-title-is-the-most-illegitimate-in-sports-072716.amp.html

Last edited:
Kiffin and Dooley were nightmares. You guys act like we are bama. Do these so called experts realize that we don't win it as often as they say we should. We've won 2 ncs in our history. Fulmer had us on top of the mountain, he competed for 1 nc and won two sec titles (and those were in back to back seasons).Cmon guys, time to settle down and realize we are Tn which is nothing to be upset about.

One of best arguments for being happy with 2nd tier mediocrity I've seen in awhile.

Some of us... just aren't that easily satisfied.

FTR- Bama wasn't "Bama" until they hired the right coach. None of the notable programs got to where Bama is by hiring a coach and letting him wallow for 6+ years.

Reactions: 4 people
If we go 11-1 (or even 10-2) with a loss to Bama (or maybe GA, etc.), is the season all for naught? Would back to back 10-2 seasons mean "we are back"? It's as good as many of the 1990's season records.
I'll be the first to pump some Orange Sunshine and say it will happen in 2017 or 2018. The players are here, new coaches with new enthusiasm and new ideas.

Blast away.

Mike Farrell

So he thinks if Saban is there two SEC teams could not make playoff and/or we beat Alabama (Ole Miss and Clemson are just two examples of them losing)

If we go 11-1 (or even 10-2) with a loss to Bama (or maybe GA, etc.), is the season all for naught? Would back to back 10-2 seasons mean "we are back"? It's as good as many of the 1990's season records.
I'll be the first to pump some Orange Sunshine and say it will happen in 2017 or 2018. The players are here, new coaches with new enthusiasm and new ideas.

I think we win the East, or we have a bad season (7 wins or less), do not see in between.

Personally, I think we win the East and make playoffs... blast away.

Blast away.

VN Store

Back