Had Kiffin Stayed

IknoxvolsI

With so much uproar pertaining to the new AD hire and Butch's lack luster coaching the last two-three years, how do you, VN experts, think the program would be right now?

I think Hammy would still be here.

I think the football program would be much, much better off! Would have beaten Bama at least once in the past seven years. But, we would have still lost a game or two each year we should have won.

Would have had more talent on the roster. (More attrition also)

After his initial push to get Tennessee on the map by way of attention, there would be no more secondary violations. (Hamilton stated that CLK told him he was going to do things to get the UT name back out there)

There would be no shortage of incidents or stories to talk about.

And finally, one of you great posters would probably have a stepson named Knox right now!

Reactions: 3 people
We would've been another version of what Ole Miss was these past few years, and what they're currently going through.

Reactions: 20 people
That would still be better than Dooley

Umm no it wouldn't lol. That's how you end up with booger eating drunks for Head Football Coaches. Or maybe we go back to the Pony Express at SMU. I'm sure they would take Dooley over sanctions any day of the week.

Reactions: 2 people
We would be on probation and facing sanctions. Simple as that.

I don't think so. Maybe had to explain deflated footballs or (special hostesses) but if he had stayed he would have flirted the line but not to that extent. He didn't do that at USC nor Bama. I think he would have been smarter than that.

With so much uproar pertaining to the new AD hire and Butch's lack luster coaching the last two-three years, how do you, VN experts, think the program would be right now?

I think Hammy would still be here.

I think the football program would be much, much better off! Would have beaten Bama at least once in the past seven years. But, we would have still lost a game or two each year we should have won.

Would have had more talent on the roster. (More attrition also)

After his initial push to get Tennessee on the map by way of attention, there would be no more secondary violations. (Hamilton stated that CLK told him he was going to do things to get the UT name back out there)

There would be no shortage of incidents or stories to talk about.

And finally, one of you great posters would probably have a stepson named Knox right now!

We would have had the death penalty by now.

Reactions: 7 people
We would be on probation and facing sanctions. Simple as that.

Facing? Ha! We might be SMU, and Kiffin would need the guys from witness relocation.

If that sounds stupid? Granted. But only a tenth as stupid as the OP's horse crap.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think so. Maybe had to explain deflated footballs or (special hostesses) but if he had stayed he would have flirted the line but not to that extent. He didn't do that at USC nor Bama. I think he would have been smarter than that.

The only reason he didn't do it at USC was because he was already being watched and he knew it. At Bama he had no reason to try and cheat, Bama was already getting the best of the best.

Reactions: 4 people
Problems for Negavols would be over...no football program. :)

Reactions: 6 people
Kiffin is an idiot who has failed every time he's had a chance to be a head coach. Hiring him was one of the worst decisions ever made by anyone at our school. We were fortunate to get rid of him as quickly as we did.

For the life of me I can't understand why any Tennessee fan still even mentions his name. I would like nothing better than to forget he was ever associated with UT.

Reactions: 13 people

People forget that the NCAA was so hard after Kiffin that they uncovered the violations under Bruce Pearl while they were on campus investigating Kiffin.

Kiffin would have had us buried under the NCAA jail.

By the way, time has shown that he's not actually a great coach. He can develop college QBs, that's about it. And there's a lot more to being a college head coach than that. Remember that in the year he was here, we suffered embarrassing losses to UCLA, who was total garbage in 2009, and Auburn.

Reactions: 6 people
People forget that the NCAA was so hard after Kiffin that they uncovered the violations under Bruce Pearl while they were on campus investigating Kiffin.

By the way, time has shown that he's not actually a great coach. He can develop college QBs, that's about it. And there's a lot more to being a college head coach than that. Remember that in the year he was here, we suffered embarrassing losses to UCLA, who was total garbage in 2009, and Auburn.

and a totally uninspired loss to Virginia Tech

I'm still ticked about that UCLA loss! He had those types of losses at SC.

How many of you were extatic when he was hired? Honestly, I wasn't.

Poor mattress! That thing flamed out quick too!

The NCAA would have given TN the death penalty. Kiffin would have had a Chappaquiddick like incident with a co-ed or two. But TN's losing streaks to Florida and Bama would have ended. And then those wins would have been vacated.

We would've been another version of what Ole Miss was these past few years, and what they're currently going through.
You took the words out of my mouth. Just look at what's happening in Oxford. If Kiffin had stayed we'd be in the exact same boat.

That was my first thought as well....what Ole Miss is facing would be NOTHING compared to the sewer we would be in! He was here one year too long. Would like to never hear his name mentioned again.

Reactions: 2 people
IMO Kiffin is one heck of a O coordinator, but I just don't think he's a head coach. Same goes for coach O at LSU. And I believe Tiger nation is really going to be regretting this hire in the near future!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back