Derek Barnett combine

Meh for a speed rush end, and his spilt didn't crack top 10. Carl Lawson just ran a 4.68. And 35 reps.
Barnett being sick, hurts him. He won't be the 1st or 2nd end drafted from the SEC.

Last edited:
Not going to put too much stock into it. He was struggling to keep down fluids as of yesterday morning. I seriously doubt he is 100%.

Not that I think 40 times matter for DEs anyway. DB uses more technique than pure speed, that shoulder dip is a killer.

DB will do well in the NFL. Every analyst seems to think he will be a starter and very dependable DE. Proud that he chose the Vols.

Reactions: 3 people
Garrett is an amazing athlete...only thing I would question would be his drive...like Clowney, I don't think he brings it every play

Reactions: 2 people
Meh for a speed rush end, and his spilt didn't crack top 10. Carl Lawson just ran a 4.68. And 35 reps.
Barnett being sick, hurts him. He won't be the 1st or 2nd end drafted from the SEC.

And Barnett has the production. So which one are you choosing, the workout warrior or the game day warrior? Give me the guy who out performs on the field.

Reactions: 7 people
These sycophants are drooling over Garrett. Give it a rest boys. We know he's a big, fast, powerful athlete. How good a football player is he? Meh.

Reactions: 1 person
These sycophants are drooling over Garrett. Give it a rest boys. We know he's a big, fast, powerful athlete. How good a football player is he? Meh.

And that's really the question with such types come draft day. The "potential" is intoxicating but can you trust it over someone more proven on the field?

Heard from different guys on NFL network saying that they respect Barnett for participating through sickness. One guy said no matter how he performed today, it wouldn't affect his draft stock because of how good his film was

Reactions: 9 people
I'm pulling for this Dylan Donahue kid from West Georgia. Undersized kid from smaller school giving beyond everything he has.

And Barnett has the production. So which one are you choosing, the workout warrior or the game day warrior? Give me the guy who out performs on the field.

He broke Reggie White's sack record with one less year. Who would you take? Reggie or Barnett?

Why is Barnett participating if he is sick?

Did he fear that his draft status might be affected?

He broke Reggie White's sack record with one less year. Who would you take? Reggie or Barnett?

Terrible comparison and not even close to what I was talking about. I'm comparing two players coming into the draft together and saying id pick Barnett. You're trying to prove some point by saying pick between a guy coming into the NFL and an NFL HoF. Nice try though bud.

Reactions: 5 people
No one cares that DB ran middle of the pack 40 while sick.
They care what he runs in that ridiculously unbelievable 45 degree angle.

DB.jpg

Reactions: 6 people

I'll bite.

Based off of college production? Barnett. Based off of long term NFL production...who the hell knows.

People should recall, Reggie White was not the Reggie White we all love and adore now, while in college. He did not become the feared defender we all remember him as until he got to the NFL. That is not saying he wasn't a good to great DL in college...he was great...just not as great as people tend to remember him being because of the beast he turned into in the NFL.

JMO of course. :hi:

I'm just hoping he gets drafted by either the Titans, Chiefs, or Falcons. Any of those could easily become my new favorite NFL team.

Anybody that needs a DE and passes on this guy will regret it. Garrett put up his big numbers against G5 schools. Barnett brought it against SEC schools. Can't measure this guys heart and 'want to'.

VN Store

Back