Chick Fil A Kickoff

I'm with you. It's so hard to wait.

2017 gonna be a good one.

I don't mind playing 3 games in Atlanta.

I have no idea.

Release the Beast!

Reactions: 2 people
All i know is we have all year to prepare for the triple option...tech should rarely beat anyone good that has 2+ weeks to prepare for them.

Reactions: 1 person
All i know is we have all year to prepare for the triple option...tech should rarely beat anyone good that has 2+ weeks to prepare for them.

Tech has to learn it also -- all new players on offense this coming season from what I have read

Just saw a video on the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. Just amazing place! Will Vols-GT be the first game played there? :good!:

Reactions: 2 people

You can prepare all you want, but you can't get very good at stopping it if you are not preparing against a team that can run it well. The timing and speed of a scout team can not prepare you very well for the real thing. You may be able to overcome a team running the triple option by somewhere in the 3 qtr. and win the game. That is if you are not already too far behind for your offense is good to stay ahead or good enough to get ahead. Hope we can and are doing both.

You can prepare all you want, but you can't get very good at stopping it if you are not preparing against a team that can run it well. The timing and speed of a scout team can not prepare you very well for the real thing. You may be able to overcome a team running the triple option by somewhere in the 3 qtr. and win the game. That is if you are not already too far behind for your offense is good to stay ahead or good enough to get ahead. Hope we can and are doing both.
The thing is, if it was truly the best scheme, everyone would still be running it. Lateral speed, a solid DLine and line backers who can read will go a long way towards beating a triple o.

Again, scout team has all year to get better at the timing.

You can't totally recreate it, but the more reps the better

What worries me about the triple option is that it seems like the defense always has injuries trying to defend it. Hope that's not the case this year.

There are many different ways to combat cut blocks, first is a 3-4 defensive front. It puts the players in front of the blockers, they can attach straight ahead and the LB's can see what's coming, second is getting lower than them, very very hard to do given DT AND DE fundamentals these days. Last get to the whole first! It might sound crazy but playing 4 DE's upfront (like we had to last half of the season) would actually work well against triple option!

VN Store

Back