Reeves-Maybin "could be the steal of the draft"

Fingers

5. Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Tennessee Volunteers

Considered a late-round project because of his lack of size and injuries (missed last season with a shoulder injury), Reeves-Maybin could be the steal of the draft for whoever takes him. If Reeves-Maybin can prove his skills at the combine, he should shoot up into the 4th round. If he can't, the Dolphins may find themselves able to draft him with one of their three fifth round picks they have thanks to compensatory picks. Reeves-Maybin would be an ideal late round pick, providing depth to an otherwise non-existent LB unit.
FINS UP!

Miami Dolphins NFL Combine: Linebackers to Watch - Miami - Scout

Reactions: 6 people
The trend to miniature LBs could be just what he needs. Teams are looking for that guy who could be either a S or a LB, and JRM fits this role perfectly.

Reactions: 2 people
He just has a knack for getting to the ball carrier. If he can stay healthy someone is getting a great player.

Reactions: 2 people
Love the guy but he's small for NFL LB. Not sure he can take the pounding. Wish him well.

Love JRM and hope he turns out to be the steal of the draft with a long/productive NFL career. That said, If I'm putting money on it I'm throwing the bank at Kamara. Dude is a top notch talent with very little miles.

Injuries have killed more than one career in the NFL. If he could stay healthy, he might have a chance. Certainly not the biggest LB or a dominant pass rusher. Could be a 3rd down player.

Love the guy but he's small for NFL LB. Not sure he can take the pounding. Wish him well.

NFL linebackers are getting smaller and smaller these days. Everyone criticized Deion Jones out of LSU last year for being undersized, but he has been a stud for the Falcons. Linebackers who are good in coverage and are quick is the future of the NFL.

I don't see JRM as an elite talent but I'm rooting for him. Great kid and great player for Tennessee.

Like Dobbs, don't really see him as an NFL starter, but we'll see what happens.

JRM is really a 2nd round talent but teams will be suspect because of his history. I always viewed him as a safety in the league, just hoping my Raiders snatch him up in the 4th or 5th.

This is why those NFL team doctors get paid the big bucks. I wouldn't hesitate after the fourth round with JRM. Colts are getting way more than their money's worth out of Maggitt and he wasn't even drafted.

Like Dobbs, don't really see him as an NFL starter, but we'll see what happens.

I can see Dobbs being the next Dak, especially with a legitimate QB Coach to hone his skills. I'd have to say he was the best SEC QB the last 5 games of the season...with a shaky OL and aforementioned QB coach deficiency.

The big question is will the Browns try and profit from Dobbs Aerospace Patents and Engineering Consulting Services that occur when the Brownie defense is on the field?

Reactions: 1 person
Outside of Barnett this is my guy to watch in the NFL. I don't think he was healthy at the start of the season but he gave his all and ended up gettin hurt.

Actually I think he is my favorite type of player to be more accurate. He would be a good fit at a team like the Broncos and I think a better fit as far as IQ goes with the Pats. He is a very bright guy and has very good instincts which is just code for he studies film very well. I am excited about JRM.

His talent, his skillset reminds me of that LB out of Boston College playing for the Panthers Luke Kuechly.

VN Store

Back